Author Topic: Using teleport spells on enemies  (Read 2951 times)

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Using teleport spells on enemies
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »
Spell Law Classic, Sorcerer base list "Flesh Destruction" (pg. 97).
Spell:  Disruption I

The bones and tissues of the target’s body are disrupted as if the target had fallen a long distance.

Problem solved!
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 10:00:57 PM »
There was an offensive teleport list (Sorcerer Base) in one of the RM2 companions.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Lord Garth

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 02:09:09 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. I completely agree that something needed to be done with this style of play ... but ...

I'm surprized that there isn't already a teleport attack spell though.

There's one such list for offensive teleport attacks. Distructive displacements. It's an optional Sorceror, I think it was introduced in the Spell Users Companion.

Offline bennis1980

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 02:51:35 AM »
I had a quick look through RM Comp VII and found this very interesting "attack" teleport spell which can only be used in certain situations:

Cup Magic (Tarotmage base list)
10.   Teleport Potion I (F)

One round after this potion is consumed, the drinker will teleport to a spot specified by the caster (this gives the drinker time to hand the cup back to the caster, if necessary). Normal teleport failure rules apply, as in the Teleport I spell on the Closed Essence list: Lofty Bridge.

There are probably more in the other companions, but this one is fun. The caster would have to get his victom to drink out of a very specific cup keyed to this list.