Author Topic: A Quandary of Loot Distribution  (Read 3286 times)

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
Re: A Quandary of Loot Distribution
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
And if you're a mage with anger management issues, there are plenty of ways to kill someone outright without ever "blooding them" at all.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »
There's always blackmail. (Cleric); "I'm sorry, do you not like being healed?"
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 09:56:04 AM »
Heat Solid works wonders when cast on boots.  It's even nastier when cast on chainmail.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 07:51:29 AM »
Heat Solid works wonders when cast on boots.  It's even nastier when cast on chainmail.

This reminds me of giving the party a Hotstone; small flat rock allowed Heat Solid to be cast 1/day. It was mainly for heating tents and meals on cold days. The group tried to use it on spears, arrows, etc. and I told them it was "as Warm Solid". The spell only affected itself or a solid (single piece), inanimate non-metal material.
  But on further research I found the spell is different depending on the List. Fire Law has the non-metal version but Solid Alteration (Mystic) omits "non-metal" from the description. Our Mystic was the one who brought it up.
  So now when I give out loot, I'm careful to have the Realm, Spell and List noted. 
These issues might be intentional, but I'm thinking they're unintended typos or omissions that now have tenure.

I don't mind similarly named spells to have slightly different affects from one List to another. It just shows variance in the Professions and who might benefit most from specific magic items.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"