Author Topic: AutoHarp - Application Features  (Read 5881 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: AutoHarp - Application Features
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
I know the database is limited right now, but I do consider being forced to chose the Urban Culture (with none of the others listed no less) as a major flaw.

A feature that would be nice is the ability to skip around a bit. For example, perhaps I know what Talents I want a character to have, but I haven't determined stats yet.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »
You can always customize stats after the character has been created.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 09:19:31 PM »
Yes, but that only helps if I know what the stats are.

In this case, I'm making Merida from Brave as a 2nd level Fighter. While I have given her a lot of talents/special starting abilities to lower her DP, I have not determined her stats yet.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 08:22:41 AM »
What I mean is ignore the stat section entirely in the new character wizard, placing in random values if necessary, and complete the wizard for the new character. Then when you have the full character sheet in the application add whatever talents you needed then go back to the stats section and fill it in manually.

In your special case it might be necessary to plan ahead. That is figure out from the book what talents you want and how it will effect your stats before even starting a new character in AutoHarp.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
Dummy stats? Okay, that will work.

When I'm translating a character from a movie/TV or a video game, my approach is to start at what I want my ending point to be and then work backwards.

Incidentally, I gave Merida the Rural culture, because it's only her castle that functions like a city.
#LotorAllura2024