Author Topic: Ptolus for RMSS  (Read 1524 times)

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Ptolus for RMSS
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »
Just picked up the PDF for Ptolus, going to run my experienced Friday night group through this Rolemaster style.  Probably start in a few weeks, can't wait to get them going on this.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Ptolus for RMSS
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:46:48 PM »
Let us know how it goes.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »
We started Ptolus in Rolemaster and I must say it is a blast!!  I didn't GM this as my nephew wanted to run it.  After the first session, we are in for it that is for sure.  The city is so complete and we started in the slum section (and are still there), really a lot of fun.  Especially since Rolemaster is so detailed with Cultures and Regions(we have wards of the citiy as our regions) the game is a blast.

Initial party is a Magent (me), Dabbler, Rogue and Fighter.  We are trying to find our way but started out as indentured servants with nothing but a pot to tick in. Real good concept and are slowly learning about all that is Ptolus.  It is real easy to convert and move over as Monte Cook did a superb job in the details.  It is High Fantasy so I would recommend the PDF download ($60) for anyone who wants an awesome world to play Rolemaster in.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »
I have the full version as a PDF and a pretty large map (probably 3'x5'? made of the battlemat material).  I planned on just dropping into our own setting(s).  Also have a map of Ankh-morpork, although obviously not the fully fleshed out details.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:54:07 AM »
So far so good.  Very good setting and a nice change.  We are all knee deep in the intrigue of guilds and such.  I must say the Warrens are a bitch!!  Everyone is fighting just for survival and you cannot posses a weapon bigger then a dagger.  So all of us have dagger skill, urban, stealth and influence skills.  It is a very fun place to play!

We started out so broke and the GM is really grinding on us with starvation and just getting a meal.  Very gritty, disease ridden and suffering from lack of sleep.  Every day we wake up with something from -10 to -20 due to one of the above conditions.  Great bunch of role players playing this out to the hilt!  We even have day time jobs as slave labor working for our meals, kind of a secret identity as we run around at night trying to abscound on some unsuspecting individuals.

After four sessions we made it to Midtown and realized how poor we really were.  We were so excited before to get our hands on a copper (which is what we were paid per month) and find out a night in a lowly inn costs 2 copper!!  Really enjoying this as a nice respite from our typical world changing campaigns we have grown accustomed too.

I would recommend this for anyone who wants a nice change of pace.