Author Topic: Succubus / Vampires as a race?  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Mergon

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Succubus / Vampires as a race?
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:21:52 PM »
  Anyone know of a supplement that has the stats for Succubi/Incubi and/or Vampires as player races? Or have such house roll races that have been play tested?

My players and I are involved in a Rolemaster/Spacemaster campaign (2nd edition since we all still had our books from longer ago than I care to remember). It's been going on for more than a year now. One of the players has been wanting to play a vampire and another a succubus. I can always cobble together a set of stats, but was wondering if they were out there already.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Succubus / Vampires as a race?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 09:33:57 PM »
Not that comes to mind right now.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Zat

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
Rolemaster Companion VI has the stats. Creatures and Treasures I has the information. Companion VII has a speciality spell list for Vampires.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »
I hope they don't sparkle.  :D
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline MariusH

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »
LOL!!!
There are three kinds of people: Those who know math, and those who don't

Offline Kristen Mork

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
Rolemaster Companion VI has the stats. Creatures and Treasures I has the information. Companion VII has a speciality spell list for Vampires.

We had a PC that used the RoCo VI stats after dying at level 1 with the Necromantic Urge (comes back as a Vampire or Lich) background.  The player hid his vampirism for many levels from the party (once exposed, we retired the character).  The character was a Lay Healer who was granted access to the RoCo VII Vampyre list.  The vampire is certainly too powerful for most games, but it worked for us, largely because the player was forced to hide his true power, lest the other characters discover his true nature.

Offline Lord Garth

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »
I'd love to see a Underlife Companion for Rolemaster  ;D

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »
We have some rules on those sort of things but it's late here now and I'm tired. I'll post them when I get the time if you like.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
A few suggestions; vampires should suffer bleeding from crits.  Loss of blood weakens them, though total loss of blood wont kill them, they go comatose and are ripe for staking.

Vampires don't have power points.  Being undead, they feed on the soul, via blood.  Vampires will have a blood pool they consume to cast any incantation, even there mesmorizing stare, generating fear, shape shifting (be it into a wolf, bat or fog), casting traditional spells.  A vampire must consume blood to replace its pp  The exact blood cost is up to you.

You may allow a vampire to draw from its hit total if its pp/blood pool runs out.  I imagine most vamps woulod be loath to do so.  Besides...

I would use the control lycanthopy rules and mods to represents a vampires hunger and control over its actions.  I would roll when in danger, threatened, its blood pool goes low, it is insulted, etc.  Vampires are ruthless undead with no soul and are real monsters.  They do not glitter or work as equals with lesser beings, such as human.  All beast of blood are prey, eventually, and a silly mortal might forget, the vampire never will.

Spirit Mastery is a good list for vampires. but if  yo0u have the mentalism companion, you might prefer to go with the Houri TP list and use mentalist spell list to represent the blood magic.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »
Vampires as player characters for rolemaster:

Note: These are vampires as pr CTI for rolemaster 2nd.

St: +15 Qu: +40 Pr: +20 In: +20 Em: +20 Co: +15 Ag: +15 Sd: +20 Me: +20 Re: +20

They have undead regeneration and regenerates 1 hp/minute from attacks not made by: Silver, Wooden puncture, Water, Electricity or apropriate RR spells. This will regenerate them from any damage. When put to the point of death the regeneration drops to 1 hp/10 minutes. Vampires are immune to stun reaults that are not inflicted via: Silver, Wooden puncture, Water, Electricity or apropriate RR spells.

Vampires need to sleep in coffins, toombs or similar enclosed areas regularly for this healing to work.

Vampires can shapechange into a: Bat, Wolf or Cloud of vapor. We use Control lycanthropy for this.

Vampires need to feed on blood - We use control lycanthropy to abstain from drinking or not to dry victims out. Give penalties according to time since they last fed.

Vampires can learn Evil mentalism spells at their base spell cost - use 4/* if pure amrs.

Vampires bite draining victims of 20+1d10 hp pr. bite and can if they choose drain people of their con with their touch at a rate of 2-4 pr round. (RR-15). Bodies drained entirely from con rise as undeads serving their creator. Bodies fully drained of blood rise as vampires serving their creator.

Vampires loose all vampiric powers and function as mortals under the sun or when crossing running water. That is they suffer no dammage from the sun but have none of their supernatural powers.

Vampires have no reflection in mirrors.

Enjoy.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
  I forgot to mention that I use an adaption of the rules from White Wolfs Vampire the Requiem. So there are no stat bonuses unless they pay for them with blood.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.