Author Topic: How long lasts a typical RM combat? Game time Vs. Real time  (Read 3177 times)

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: How long lasts a typical RM combat? Game time Vs. Real time
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 05:28:12 AM »
Could it be a greater Black Reaver? I've misplaced my Companion I so I couldn't check but weren't those infused in a golem too?

But thanks for the data anyway Amethyst Rage :) It is good to see that even at higher levels the RM combat system is working out and you get reasonable results. I've ran end of campaign battles that lastest longer than our average session time (8 hrs) and those battles were in D&D 3E and 3.5E. I know that an Ordainer Raukamar can be a real handful  :o even for 18th lvl characters.
Game On!

Offline Fenrhyl Wulfson

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 04:12:24 PM »
A werewolf or a lich possessed by an ordainer is a black reaver.

I pity the fools.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »
What about a storm giant who became a werewolf and then a lich, fused with a covering of psychic fungus, riding inside a giant eog golem, possessed by a demon lord fueled by the power of a dead god he consumed for breakfast? What's that then?
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 10:29:37 AM »
What about a storm giant who became a werewolf and then a lich, fused with a covering of psychic fungus, riding inside a giant eog golem, possessed by a demon lord fueled by the power of a dead god he consumed for breakfast? What's that then?

Hhhmmm. Either R!fts or Toon...
I have never considered a giant inflicted with lycanthropy. I'm stunned and unable to parry. :o

"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Zat

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »
Indeed it 'was' a Black Reaver....with a bit of a twist.
There is still a Vampire and an Elemental around (I added Elemental) and if the group manage to defeat all 4, they will make the Black Reaver inert. Not that they know that, just yet. In fact, they circumnavigated the part that hinted it was around, so they are actually managing to do something useful without gathering the intel.  Even with 2 of the 4 'components' down, the Black Reaver has been reduced to the lesser varierty.

I think I must add that my campaign is fairly low on magical items, so these combats take place without the aid of the usual gear you may expect of such a level of party. I'm not sure whether or not that impacts on the RL time taken; less options, but also less power.