Author Topic: Demonic possession and Mastery  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
Demonic possession and Mastery
« on: October 09, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »
Lets say someone wanted to cast a demonic possession spell on somebody and then wanted to master that demon with either mastery or control spells.

A) would you allow that?

B) if yes then by what exact procedure? (Bars, RR, chance of non controll, etc)

C) what would the statistics of the possessed being be? (as usual, as demon, a mix)

D) would you allow a character to develop a skill to control what demon he wanted for his possession? (Daedhel, Hothrog, Pale I, Tlaque etc)

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Demonic possession and Mastery
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:15:16 PM »
Lets say someone wanted to cast a demonic possession spell on somebody and then wanted to master that demon with either mastery or control spells.

A) would you allow that?

An aside, while I ponder B)-D)

2nd Ed Sorceror Demonic Possession says "Caster has no control over the target or demon"
but Evil Mentalist Demonic Possession does not ...

A 2nd aside, it would be fun to allow Spell Mastery or a Skill Roll to possess a person with a demon that wasn't "random, manical and homicidal" ... say a happy-go-lucky demon or a gluttonous demon or ...

Regards,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Fornitus

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The Frequently Deceased
Re: Demonic possession and Mastery
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:04:18 AM »
These are our House Rules for your consideration.

A) yes.

B) Once a demon successfully possesses someone/thing any mastery or control spell is broken. A new mastery must be cast to regain control. We think a Control Demon spell is to weak to get a demon inside someone elses body. (But a Power Word would work at the demons lvl as if it were now a person) We also give a penalty to the demon the next time the target tries to resist and through the demon out of their body if the demon is mastered.

C) All RR's are considered to be at the demons lvl and type. (i.e. charm person would automatically fail, but damage is as the original body so no crit down or large crits.)

D) Usually, we consider the demon for the spell to come from the ether or something so there is no control over type. However, if beforehand the caster gets a demon in an item they carry and use that item as a component, then that specific demon is the demon in the possession spell. This destroys the item however unless it can just release the demon as one of its powers. We use a Demon summoned with spell mastery for bias of getting the desired type (rank bonus only). Then we use Demon Imbedding from Alchemy Comp to put the demon in a small doll of the demon. The doll is made of different metals according to the demons power and type. Also crafted with a flaw to be easily broken as a component.
CUTHLU FOR PRESIDENT!!
WHY CHOSE A LESSER EVIL?

or did we?