Author Topic: Official: What's happening with Rolemaster next?  (Read 2890 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Official: What's happening with Rolemaster next?
« on: January 03, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »
Happy New Year to all Rolemaster fans.

With the transition of the Rolemaster license to GCP Ltd, our immediate priority is to get at least one edition of Rolemaster back on sale in pdf and print-on-demand. The master archive files were shipped as CDs and DVDs to Aurigas, who have been sorting through them for us. We will need to "rebrand" the books and check that the current layout will work for OBS' print-on-demand requirements, and I am marshalling our cadre of layout experts in this regard.

For pragmatic reasons (i.e. fewest number of books for a complete Rolemaster system that goes to all levels of play), the quartet of Rolemaster Classic books (Character Law, Arms Law, Spell Law, and Creatures & Treasures) are first on the list to be processed. Others will follow.

The other immediate announcement is that Marc Rosen, who led the RM Classic team and has served with distinction as a co-editor on HARP SF and HARP SF Xtreme for GCP Ltd, is now Rolemaster Line Editor.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
Re: Official: What's happening with Rolemaster next?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:39:44 AM »
Any thoughts about revising RMFRP/RMSS?

If the books will require new layout anyway there seem to be little reason to stick with the current book content with the well known flaws in the presentation. Seems like a perfect opportunity to brush RMSS up to same standard as RMC presentation wise. At minimum it would be wise to consider including the actual errata material in the core text so that we must not be stuck with explaining the same thing again and again.

I, and I am sure many others, would be interested in participating.
/Pa Staav

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:52:26 AM »
We do not yet know which of the existing books will be compatible with OneBookShelf's requirements, so we cannot sensibly make that call on RMSS/RMFRP products at this time.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Theopacman

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:41:30 AM »
Is there any chance a Campaign Law (or Gamesmaster Law) will be released for Rolemaster Classic?

Offline lev_lafayette

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 02:42:56 AM »
Is there any chance a Campaign Law (or Gamesmaster Law) will be released for Rolemaster Classic?

Seeming the multitude hours and effort I spent in writing and rewiting huge swathes of this book it I certainly wouldn't mind knowing about this either. Still have all those files if the new management is serious about getting this done.

Oh, and then there was the matter of Rolemaster Classic Cyradon...
RPG Review. Free 'zine. Worth reading.
My livejournal.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 07:08:09 AM »
I would be interested in seeing the manuscript for Campaign Law.

We would like to produce both RMSS/RMFRP and RM Classic conversion materials for Cyradon.

Please contact me by email at director @ guildcompanion dot com

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 11:58:59 AM »
If you are modifying RMC books for OBS , I was wondering if it's possible to include attack,critical & fumble tables for black powder weapons in the Armslaw. I don't want to buy another 'period' product for such tables.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax