Author Topic: Fumble ranges & Skill  (Read 3639 times)

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
Re: Fumble ranges & Skill
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »
and, it's another # to look for during the process. 

That was my reason. I did it by the usual method of "roll again and subtract, and keep all the usual bonuses" just because it's been inherent in the mechanic for decades, nobody has to remember anything or do any extra housekeeping to deal with it.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline jurasketu

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
Thom/Grumpy-

Oh. I agree. I've been doing a lot of muddling with fumbles lately so I've been experimenting with the subtraction method - which I really like. But now I'm trying this skill rank thing. I may end up somewhere in between, somehow...

Robin
It is better to be lucky than good, but it is *best* to be both.

When in fear, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »
Well that's the bottom line. Whatever works for you and your players. Whether it's what I like only matters if I'm your GM.

;D
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula