Author Topic: Undead Question  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Foxabril

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Undead Question
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »
I have a quick undead question.

Some Undead drain Con just by being in their presence  - how does this work?

Here is my guess and let me know if I got it right.

For example a Headless Ghost can drain 3pts of Constitution per round that someone is within 10' radius - unless  they make a successful RR check.
The check is against an Attack Level = to the the Level of the undead(in the case of the Headless Ghost is is Level 6H).  This attack and RR must be done each and every round.

Am I getting this right?  Oh and BTW how long does it take to heal CON damage?

Thanks in advance!

Todd

Offline DangerMan

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Undead Question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
Thats how we play it as well - with the RR checks.

Co stat loss heals when you advance a level, or by high level channeling magic, IIRC. There are also some herbs, growing in desert like areas (arrid / semi arrid), at least by the list of herbs we go by, which is found in the Vault section here at the forums. I know this all too well, as we last week had to cross some mountains to get to the desert in our world, after having fought too many undeads in a too short a time span..

Good luck!
If you're having fun, you're doing it right!

Offline Kristen Mork

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:33:46 PM »
The check is against an Attack Level = to the the Level of the undead(in the case of the Headless Ghost is is Level 6H).  This attack and RR must be done each and every round.

That is correct, to my understanding.  Mechanically, I make the attack between rounds, when bleeding damage transpires.

Oh and BTW how long does it take to heal CON damage?

From Spell Law 7.2.3: Con damage heals at the rate of 1 point per day (if resting), or 1 point per week (if not traveling).  Double this if in a sacred area.  On holy ground, the character recovers an extra d10 points per day.  Finally, Life Mastery has the Heal Life Essence N spell that cures Nd10 Con damage.

Offline Foxabril

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:56:03 PM »
Thanks guys - that all makes sense!!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 05:37:40 PM »
I never saw the Holy Ground info but I love it and will use it and even adapt it for various Dieties.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 07:01:50 PM »
Note that the RR is not against any Realm of magic, so none of the Realm RR modifiers apply. It is modified by Constitution, so if you start with high Co, that helps, but it also means that once you've been heavily drained, it is all the easier to finish you off.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Ravenheart

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 03:41:03 AM »
I think that CO drain is a little bit harsh, since it takes a very long time to heal, and the RR against it only protects very high level characters (who are actually immune to it), normal folks just dying in their beds when some ghost roams outside.

I copied Life Level system from one of those Companions (can't remember which one), converting it in mere Vitality stat that is always 100 when the living thing is healthy. Vitality is the value that drops when in close contact with undead. No RR, but many spells in Channelling Companion help. Any drop in Vitality causes penalties, ie. Vitality of 95 causes -5% penalties (in our game, it's a real percentage so every skill is at 0.95 x total bonus).

Vitality recovers automatically one point per day, or d10 points per day in the temple or holy ground. If Vitality ever drops to zero and stays there over night, the character wakes as some form of undead.

I guess Vitality could be used with bleeding wounds, thirst and hunger, but insofar I haven't done that.