Author Topic: Favorite/Useful/Overpowered Spell Lists  (Read 5458 times)

Offline Kemengon

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Favorite/Useful/Overpowered Spell Lists
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 12:53:47 AM »
Oh yes, good PC's get to do it too

Ah yes, that's right!  But it's 13th on Dark Channels, so the baddies can save a few pp's when "absolving" a whole party. 

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 04:28:20 PM »
I once had a 25th level Sorcerer played by my buddy Dillenger.  UnIce inspired an idea for a trap...

Imagine a massive block of black ice that blocks a passage.  Delving reveals it is (ice that never melts, forget the name).  Deep in the block are runes, but these are extremely hard to make out even with detection spells.  Regardless, the party successfully delves that the block exist to destroy any who try to pass.  Dillenger gave a hearty laugh and UnIced it, only to discover the rune was a Magus BE NOT word of power.  In a flash, as if hit by Balefire, the sorcerer was unmade, having never existed.  This also meant no one had ever destroyed the block of ice so it magically reformed. 

The party never did get into that armory/room.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 06:46:27 AM »
I once had a 25th level Sorcerer played by my buddy Dillenger.  UnIce inspired an idea for a trap...

Imagine a massive block of black ice that blocks a passage.  Delving reveals it is (ice that never melts, forget the name).  Deep in the block are runes, but these are extremely hard to make out even with detection spells.  Regardless, the party successfully delves that the block exist to destroy any who try to pass.  Dillenger gave a hearty laugh and UnIced it, only to discover the rune was a Magus BE NOT word of power.  In a flash, as if hit by Balefire, the sorcerer was unmade, having never existed.  This also meant no one had ever destroyed the block of ice so it magically reformed. 

The party never did get into that armory/room.

Holy Crap!  That is probably the most cruel trap I've seen set by a GM!  I think we need to start a new thread.  "Worst/Best Trap Leading to Death Set by a GM!"  I've never even heard of the Be Not spell.  What was the player's reaction?  Pissed?  Laughing?  Stunned?  Awed?  Impressed?
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:47 AM »
I had made several replacement characters that I had in a folder.  Dillenger was not happy he drew the Animist, but he did grow to enjoy it.

Everyone was laughing to hard to get angry. 

The Magus write up is in RMCIII.

Not my cruelest trap.  Not enough blood for that.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.