Author Topic: AutoHarp 1.0  (Read 35786 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: AutoHarp 1.0
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2013, 08:40:52 AM »
For those who were interested in volunteering to work on the source code side, I have an idea for an addition. I don't have time to get to this until much later but if someone were to do this I'm sure users would be very pleased with the final product.

The idea is now that I have converted wxWidgets to 2.9.4 with AutoHARP I can now use a class called wxWebView which can use javascript and css as well as HTML. I'm uncertain if it handles CSS3 or HTML5 yet but that would be an interesting test. The current printed character sheet is done through Device Context classes which is fine but very cumbersome and complicated. I would love to convert the HarpPrinterCls to use HTML rather than the Device Context classes and build the character sheet through the wxWebView class. It may even be possible to have the CSS file be on the client side rather programmed into the source code itself. That way a user could design their own CSS file and thus their own theme.

If you have better ideas for the layout of the character sheet don't hesitate to experiment with the layout. If anyone wants to volunteer with this project please email me at perfecthundred@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2013, 08:52:58 AM »
I just got confirmation that the updates are now up in RPGNow.  8)

A small status update. I'm currently plugging away at Sci-Fi Xtreme and almost have the book coded. While working on this I have overhauled the New Character Wizard. Most of the overhaul is with the way adolescence ranks are handled as with the current design it's clunky, and not very intuitive with how it works. The viewing areas are also way to small. This page has been completely revamped. It should be ready for the next version. It's a top-down design (start at the top, work your way down). The wizard is also re-sizable. I'm hoping to have Sci-Fi Xtreme done for version 1.0.4. College of Magics will have to wait until version 1.0.5. More overhaul work to happen especially with the New Level Wizard and with many of the tabs with the main window. I will also slowly add integrated help, first with the new character wizard and then some more with newer versions.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2013, 09:34:42 AM »
I just got confirmation that the updates are now up in RPGNow.  8)

A small status update. I'm currently plugging away at Sci-Fi Xtreme and almost have the book coded. While working on this I have overhauled the New Character Wizard. Most of the overhaul is with the way adolescence ranks are handled as with the current design it's clunky, and not very intuitive with how it works. The viewing areas are also way to small. This page has been completely revamped. It should be ready for the next version. It's a top-down design (start at the top, work your way down). The wizard is also re-sizable. I'm hoping to have Sci-Fi Xtreme done for version 1.0.4. College of Magics will have to wait until version 1.0.5. More overhaul work to happen especially with the New Level Wizard and with many of the tabs with the main window. I will also slowly add integrated help, first with the new character wizard and then some more with newer versions.

I have downloaded the latest version databases and did 2 separate installs, one with the standard databases unchanged and another using my updated (setting specific) databases. I will begin testing as I find the later this week. :)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »
Status Update:

I have finished coding and preliminary testing of Sci-Fi XTreme. It's looking good. The update includes Vehicle Combat, Vehicles in general added to the items, Cyberware, Interstellar Travel, a Virtual Character converter and the ability to create an AI or Robotic character. The Vehicle combat I particularly like as it is seamless with the rest of Combat. This book will be ready to go for version 1.0.4.

My biggest question is whether or not there is a big push for this book. If so I can release version 1.0.4 sooner. If not, I may move onto working on College of Magics and release version 1.0.4 when that is also ready. So... is there anyone that wants Sci-Fi XTreme immediately? I will create a version 1.0.4 regardless in case there is a push for bugs and issues that people would like fixed. Version 1.0.4 does resolve the New Character Wizard crashing issue where sometimes the application will crash when ranking Adolescence ranks.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2013, 09:22:04 AM »
College of Magics is a priority for me since most of my test characters were created with it. But that's just me. ;)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2013, 10:49:10 AM »
I don't seem to be getting too much push back but then I kinda curious just how many AutoHARP users are reading this page.  :P I would hope all of them. My plan is to merge my branch with trunk (in English, take my new code and merge it with 1.0.3) and create 1.0.4 for now. If necessary then I can compile and put it together. After that I will start work on College of Magics. I don't anticipate it to take long. I already have the bulk of the database put together. It would be just going over the book information to make sure it matches what I have. Once that is done then I think I am done for the most part with database work. I'm just waiting on Cyradon to be released and I don't know if there is a like-book for Harp Sci-Fi.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
At this point HARP SF is only the two books - HARP SF Core and SF Xtreme
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »
Excellent!  8)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2013, 06:03:02 PM »
Preliminary coding has been completed for version 1.0.4. Time to test and make sure everything is running smoothly. Lots... LOTS of updates with this version. I will wait to give out details until the release date but I will reveal this: Harp Sci-Fi Extreme and College of Magics will be released for this version of AutoHARP.  8)

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2013, 07:29:52 PM »
Preliminary coding has been completed for version 1.0.4. Time to test and make sure everything is running smoothly. Lots... LOTS of updates with this version. I will wait to give out details until the release date but I will reveal this: Harp Sci-Fi Extreme and College of Magics will be released for this version of AutoHARP.  8)

That is just awesome!  ;D

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2013, 07:11:06 AM »
I have version 1.0.4 ready for deployment. Now the big question remains, I do not have an ubuntu version ready as I was having problems compiling it under 2.9.4 for the last release. Do I deploy windows and delay the linux release or do I work on the linux release and delay deployment? :-\

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2013, 07:39:46 AM »
I have version 1.0.4 ready for deployment. Now the big question remains, I do not have an ubuntu version ready as I was having problems compiling it under 2.9.4 for the last release. Do I deploy windows and delay the linux release or do I work on the linux release and delay deployment? :-\

Deploy Windows, I'll be able to start testing while you figure out the Linux issue.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2013, 01:30:02 PM »
Update 1.0.4 is now released
---
College of Magics is now available for purchase at a special discounted price of $5 for a limited time.

Version 1.0.4 is a large update that spans all the databases and included lots of new features, bug fixes, and some redesigns with the interface. Here is a log of changes for 1.0.4

4 November 2013
   released version 1.0.4 of AutoHarp

Change log:
        -Added: Spell Information Dialog during new level. User can now look up spell information to determine how many ranks to place in the spell or what the spell does or what scaling options it has and can do.
        -Added: Added highlighting to skills associated to a stat in the Skills Information Tab. User selects the stat and the skill associated to that stat are highlighted.
        -Added: Added Training Package information on the Skills Tab. User can now select Training Package bought which highlights skills effected.
        -Fixed: Martial Arts Database fixed so that Elemental: Earth is now Elemental- Earth.
        -Fixed: Martial Arts Database fixed so that the armor by the piece has proper penalty values.
        -Fixed: Variable _INBONUS_ for Custom Development points in the preferences causes the program to hang.
        -Added: Made the Attacks choice under DB/OB a non-read-only field. Users can now enter in whatever weapon they wish, even if it doesn't appear in the list.
        -Updated: Made the Culture database for both Harp Fantasy and Harp Sci-Fi match the same xml definition as TrainingPackages when defining sets of skills.
        -Fixed: The weight of armor should not be counted for encumbrance since it has another penalty associated with it.
        -Fixed: Encumbrance did not take into account the amount of the item.
        -Fixed: weapons that are one handed and two handed are fixed to be the same price.
        -Fixed: Combined the one handed and two handed weapons.
        -Fixed: Both the Cleric and the Warrior Mage are missing the new level bonus block.
        -Fixed: It does not allow to place Mystical Arts skill ranks into spells. Since spells are part of the Mystical Arts category it should be possible to do so.
        -Fixed: The Spell Ice Wall: the <![CDATA tag in the description is not closed.
        -Fixed: The Spell Repair Rent, the <Name> has Repair Tear
        -Fixed: The Elementalist spell list is missing the Ice Wall spell.
        -Fixed: The Spell Vision Protection is in the wrong sphere, it is in Harper it should be in Ranger
        -Fixed: The Spell Earthen Transmutation is misspelled.
        -Fixed: I changed all the Elemental spells (Aura, Ball, Bolt, Resistance and Weapon) into 4 different spells, one for each element. Since each element has to be learned as a separate spell it just makes it easier to manage.
        -Fixed: Creature Transformations should be Creature Transformation. Plant Transformations should be Plant Transformation. Poison Enhancements should be Poison Enhancement
        -Fixed: Stabilize Elixir is misspelled as Stablize Elixir
        -Fixed: Animal Forms PP cost should be 7. Changing Ways PP cost should be 7. Magic Shield PP cost should be 6. Path Lore PP cost should 3. Plant Disguise PP cost should be 6. Weapon's Fury PP cost should be 5
        -Added: Revamped New Character Wizard, mostly with the third page. Made the design a top-down approach. Wizard itself is resizable. KeyStats now a listbox rather than a text box.
        -Fixed: New Character Wizard for Harp Sci-Fi. Database needed cosmic work. Information not all in there.
        -Added: Interstellar Travel for Harp Sci-Fi Xtreme now available
        -Added: Virtual character for Harp Sci-Fi Xtreme now available.
        -Added: Character AI and Robot for Harp Sci-Fi Xtreme now available.
        -Added: Vehicle Combot for Harp Sci-Fi Xtreme now available.
        -Added: Front end to customize monsters for Harp Fantasy.
        -Added: Cyberware for Harp Sci-Fi Xtreme now available
        -Added: Sex node to Races database for both Fantasy and Sci-Fi
        -Added: Made sure all professions have SpellStats for a node
        -Added: Made sure Rogue profession has Spells Universal as favorite category
        -Fixed: <AIAllowed> Node in Skills database tables needed to be moved above the <SubSkills> node.
        -Fixed: character save path not refreshing when clicking on a new character.
        -Fixed: Mystical Arts profession was a 3DP cost if the player adds a new profession during new level creation. The cost should be 2.
        -Added: Full update of New Level Wizard. New GUI design.
        -Added: Added Training packages to database and to the new level wizard.
        -Fixed: Database error with skills not having appropriate stat information.
        -Fixed: Culture database had a typo with Streewise which should be Streetwise.
        -Updated: updated the Items database file for Harp Fantasy so that MagicItems can use it better.
        -Fixed: Changing the character name and closing the character results in the application to crash.
        -Fixed: Closing a character and reopening the same character does not show the character name in the PC List window.
        -Fixed: All database calls are now appropriated with a wxFile::Exists() to make sure the file actually exists before loading it as wxXmlDocument does not have this as part of the class.
        -Added: Added Technology Node to each of the Items database files.
        -Added: Added technology to the Sci-Fi new character wizard.
        -Added: Added Technology to the Sci-Fi Character sheet
        -Fixed: Sci-Fi Defenses now displays the fitted armor max and min penalties
        -Fixed: Shield information automatically changed when the user selects Shield Training and goes back to the defenses tab.
        -Added: Training Packages added to Harp Sci-Fi Core Rules
        -Fixed: New Level wizard had problems when the user would hit the enter key. The window would unexpectantly close.
        -Added: Selecting Hybrid Lesser 1 as none would result in an error. All database calls are now caught if the file is empty or does not exist.
        -Added: Construct to list of Sexes.
        -Fixed: Links in the about pop up now appear in the default browser
        -Fixed: Race talents that used to cost 99 now list a cost of zero in the Talents tab. During leveling up, these talents are not listed at all as they are special talents for specific races.
        -Fixed: Warrior mage spell stats have been fixed to the correct values
        -Fixed: Rank limitations are based on the character's total level, not the profession level.
        -Fixed: A message box now appears to tell the user of any profession notes such as the user can now enter in a bonus for a particular skill. This message box only appears for the levels when the user is to add a bonus.
      -Added: Contextual help has been added to the New Level Wizard and to the New Character Wizard.

---

Future plans:
1) I plan to continue to retool certain interfaces, especially with the Combat Tracker. I have a few new ideas of presentation
2) I want to really pound away on the combat tracker so I can make it as easy to use as possible
3) Possible NPC generator
4) Possible Weather Generator
5) Other ideas people might have

Thanks for using AutoHARP!

Note for Unix users: I have sent the wrong files to Nicholas so he is waiting on me to send the proper files. I am away from my ubuntu computer and won't have these files until this Saturday, so the Ubuntu version will be delayed a week. I apologize for the delay on Ubuntu.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »
        -Updated: Made the Culture database for both Harp Fantasy and Harp Sci-Fi match the same xml definition as TrainingPackages when defining sets of skills.

Hi Monk,

Can you provide details on this update it doesn't appear to work.  ???

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2013, 02:55:27 PM »
It doesn't work? What's wrong?

Basically what I did was take the exact same logic I used for the TrainingPackages during the new level creation and ported that over to the new character creation code. The code for adolescence ranks and the code for Training Packages should be virtually the same. If it works in one it should theoretically work in the other. I hope that helps.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
It doesn't work? What's wrong?

Basically what I did was take the exact same logic I used for the TrainingPackages during the new level creation and ported that over to the new character creation code. The code for adolescence ranks and the code for Training Packages should be virtually the same. If it works in one it should theoretically work in the other. I hope that helps.

I used the following structure and I got no adolescence ranks when testing it out. A culture with the old format works as it did before.  :o
Code: [Select]
    <Culture name="Test">
        <Name>Test</Name>
        <Description></Description>
<PreferredLocations>
</PreferredLocations>
<ClothingDecoration>
</ClothingDecoration>
<Demeanor>
</Demeanor>
        <History/>
        <Skills>
<Ranks>5</Ranks>
<Skill>
            <CategoryName>Mystical Arts</CategoryName>
            <SkillName>Alchemy</SkillName>
<SubSkillName/>
</Skill>
        </Skills>
        <Skills>
<Ranks>2</Ranks>
<Skill>
            <SkillName>Arcane Lore</SkillName>
<SubSkillName>Spell Lore</SubSkillName>
</Skill>
        </Skills>
        <Skills>
<Ranks>2</Ranks>
<Skill>
            <CategoryName>General</CategoryName>
            <SkillName>Herbcraft</SkillName>
<SubSkillName/>
</Skill>
        </Skills>
        <Skills>
<Ranks>2</Ranks>
<Skill>
            <SkillName>Mundane Lore</SkillName>
<SubSkillName>Fauna Lore</SubSkillName>
</Skill>
        </Skills>
        <Skills>
<Ranks>2</Ranks>
<Skill>
            <SkillName>Mundane Lore</SkillName>
<SubSkillName>Flora Lore</SubSkillName>
</Skill>
        </Skills>
        <Skills>
<Ranks>2</Ranks>
<Skill>
            <CategoryName>Subterfuge</CategoryName>
            <SkillName>Poisoning</SkillName>
<SubSkillName/>
</Skill>
        </Skills>
        <Skills>
<Ranks>2</Ranks>
<Skill>
            <SkillName>Power Point Development</SkillName>
<SubSkillName/>
</Skill>
        </Skills>
        <Skills>
<Ranks>3</Ranks>
<Skill>
            <CategoryName>Spell Casting</CategoryName>
            <SkillName>Profession Choice</SkillName>
<SubSkillName></SubSkillName>
</Skill>
<Skill>
            <CategoryName>Spells: Universal</CategoryName>
            <SkillName>Choice</SkillName>
</Skill>
        </Skills>
    </Culture>

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2013, 08:20:14 PM »
Have you updated with the latest and greatest? Try reinstalling from a recent version from RPGNow. I am looking at my database testing environment and I see the updated database in Cultures. I have a feeling you might have missed an update.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2013, 07:16:06 AM »
I did. I also re-installed everything from files I downloaded from RPGNow on November 11th and when I compare the cultures xml from an older install (done back in August), the files match exactly.

I looks like the installer is just installing the same files I had before, event though the install is in a completely new location.  :o

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »
I sent an email to Nicholas to check the date stamp on the files I sent. I double checked what I sent to him and I see that it contains what I have now. the one thing I did notice is that the demo doesn't seem to put forth the adolescence ranks. I'll make sure I fix that bug right away, but when I update the Harp Fantasy file the ranks do come in.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »
The date I have for CulturesFromCoreRules.xml is 19/06/2013. Which is obviously the wrong file. I installed on a different computer (one that never had AutoHarp) with the 1.0.4 install files and got the same result. So that rules out any install artifacts getting in the way.