Forum > RMC/RM2

Does a shield from a spell need to "carried"

(1/2) > >>

alloowishus:
It says it creates a force field that functions like a shield, does that also include that it needs to be held? Or is it just that it can't be stacked with a normal shield? In other words can the shield spell be used with two-handed weapons? WHat is the general ruling on this? Thanks.

pantsorama:
It does not need to be carried.  AFAICT, such a requirement is never mentioned anywhere.

alloowishus:
Ok I was just confused about the wording when it says it functions like a normal shield. I think they probably meant in terms of flanking and elemental attacks? I know of at least one other GM who interpreted it as meaning you need to hold in your hand, but I usually don't play that way.

nash:
The RMU version specifically says it does not:

--- Quote ---2. Shield * – Creates an invisible force shield in front of the caster; it subtracts 25 from up to 3 attacks per round from the caster’s front. This does not occupy a hand, but is not usable with a physical shield (nor does it benefit from the Shield skill).
--- End quote ---

jdale:
Likewise RMSS is explicit that it does not take a hand. I think that was always the intent, they just did not think to spell it out in RM2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version