Forum > ICE News and Discussion

Proclamations from the Crown (August 2012)

<< < (4/4)

markc:
  From what I have herd it is expected at the end of the month. The books are at the gamma readers at this stage from a post by Nicholas H.M. Caldwell.
MDC

markc:
BTW Keen_Man welcome to the ICE Forums.
MDC

NicholasHMCaldwell:

--- Quote from: Keen_Man on August 20, 2012, 03:24:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: John @ ICE on August 11, 2012, 07:47:51 AM ---Great to see people are ready!

And play testing will start soon som everyone and anyone who wants to be "part of the company" and have a hand in making it the best RPG ever is welcome to join in.

Obviosuly we hope to eliminate only minor bugs and assume it is good to go, but you never know until you try it - but for things that may not be working, hopefully the community at large can sift through those house rules (could there be similar ones used at many tables?) that rise to the top.

--- End quote ---

Just wondering if there is an expected date for the release of the rolemaster unified Beta books. I have 2 - 3 gaming groups ready to try out the new rules (and a couple of rabid fans asking me when its out every week)

not sure if this is already in the forum but a quick search did not turn up anything.

From what I understand the rough beta will be available for sale in the onebookshelf network(which seems to be RPGnow?)

Thank you

--- End quote ---

I hope to extract Arms Law and Character Law from the Gamma phase/incorporation of Gamma feedback soon and have those two minimally formatted. The Gamma readers are still working their way through Spell Law - there is a lot of Spell Law to read. Perhaps the easiest way of describing the new Spell Law is to say imagine RMSS Spell Law, with revised spell lists (some of them are total rewrites where the original has never properly pulled its weight or new spell lists) and fill in virtually all the empty slots. I repeat the version of Spell Law given to Gammas only had three empty slots. 

(If you've only ever used RM2 or RMC Spell Law, then imagine a version that has essentially no empty slots, six base lists for all spell-using professions, two pure and two semi spell users per realm, three hybrid spell users, Evil spell lists per realm.)

The Public Playtest versions will go on sale on the OneBookShelf network, which means www.rpgnow.com  and www.drivethrurpg.com (and WargameVault and the "affiliate stores" from enworld.org and RapideJDR.fr etc.). These are all essentially the same huge ecommerce store but they have different look&feels and different customer bases.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Malakor:
Mr. Caldwell,

Do you guys have a price point figured for the OBS beta release yet?

Looking forward to the beta.

Keen_Man:
Right on thanks for the info. I have had an account here since the new forum was setup but I notice my old posts seem to have vanished lol I did playtesting for the new I.C.E. owner a few months after purchase for the digital character builders that were out at the time.

and yeah I have read all the spell law oldest to newest they are in boxes in my new house lol

If spell law is being rewritten maybe we can get rid of our normal reference for first level spell casters in my group

"MAGE! heat me a brick!" because that's about all they are good at till 5th or so lol

there were sooooo many spell lists that were half empty I am glad to hear they are being fleshed out that will make my players happy. And on a personal note I will have to update my favorite all time character. Zam the sorcerer who specialized in soul destruction >:-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version