Forum > ICE News and Discussion

A Father's Journey - the first post...

<< < (12/12)

markc:
 I know they used Fame in James Bond 007, I will see if I can find my rules and see how they did it. It has also been a long time since I played the game so my memory of just how good the rules were might be off a bit.
MDC

WoeRie:

--- Quote from: John @ ICE on August 11, 2012, 09:51:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: WoeRie on August 10, 2012, 03:11:20 PM ---You should talk with your german partners from 13mann.de. They created a d10 system called Aborea, which is so increadible easy and still has a feeling of RM/HARP (at least with some fantasy and good will). The only thing which I'm missing are the critical hits... but... I know... we want to play with Kids, so it's better to keep the fights a bit more abstract ;)

I will go on holiday tomorrow and we have the box with us. We will try to play it with my 8 year son in the evenings. I hope this works ;)

--- End quote ---

It MUST have crits!  There is nothing more exciting than open ended rolls, come on!  You cant lose that. All you need to do is change the descriptions (and simplify the outcomes).  but having that heroic, one-swing win is key.

Let us know what you have discovered in your game.  Which box BTW - Arborea?

--- End quote ---

Yes, Aborea and it has open ended rolls (a roll of a 10 is open ended) but no crits :(

We had 4 sessions during our holiday and the players are shortly before level 3, now. It was GREAT! I only wanted to introduce my son into the game, but my daughter (6, not in school, yet) was not willing to stand aside. It was a bit complicated with her, but I think she really enjoyed playing. She always stood up and showed me how her ranger is sneaking around a corner or shooting with the bow. She also did a lot of the talking, which was so much fun! My son on the other hand enjoyed the fighting and rolling of the dice. He was also very "in role" and I think a few times he was really afraid of his dwarf :D

Yupp, we will continue playing, no question, but the tension of battles was high enough, I wouldn't like to increase that with criticals in the next years!

intothatdarkness:

--- Quote from: markc on August 19, 2012, 12:06:55 AM --- I know they used Fame in James Bond 007, I will see if I can find my rules and see how they did it. It has also been a long time since I played the game so my memory of just how good the rules were might be off a bit.
MDC

--- End quote ---

Fame had to do with completing missions and accomplishments during that time, and dealt with how easily a character could be recognized. Hero points were used to alter game outcomes and were gained by QR 1 results on non-combat tasks/skill rolls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version