Author Topic: Cryadon setting book  (Read 5595 times)

Offline MrMean

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Cryadon setting book
« on: October 07, 2021, 11:15:06 AM »
So... just bought the four core books for Harp off DrivethruRPG, great that they are back in my collection... But I am still looking for the setting book Cryadon? Looking at the forums here I see the last post was from 2018!

Is the book not getting done? Hoping so as I had the original and it was awesome (all my Harp books were stolen at a con years ago!) And after playing a few sessions of Against the Darkmaster it rekindled my desire for Harp as I was a big fan back in the day. Thus me spending 107$ usd on Drivethru to get the core books in hardback (very nice books btw!) so that I could have them and introduce my new players to this awesome setting and game.

So if anyone has any info that would be great...

Offline Jakob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Otherland Bookshop - The No. 1 Adress for Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror and Role-Playing Games in Berlin, Germany
Re: Cryadon setting book
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 01:55:24 PM »
I was thinking the same thing recently, Cyradon was a really promising setting - I seem to remember that a revised version is in the works, but that might still be far away ...

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 01:05:23 AM »
The Cyradon setting book has been reworked to bring it up to date with the revised version of HARP. It has been written, it just needs layout and editing etc. However, I believe Nicholas wants to wait until the introductory adventures for Cyradon have also been rewritten. These are still a bit of a way off.

Offline Jakob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Otherland Bookshop - The No. 1 Adress for Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror and Role-Playing Games in Berlin, Germany
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 07:48:35 AM »
There's been a lot of movement with harp the past few months - Bestiary, Subterfuge, Garden of Rain, Beyond the Veil ... so will Cyradon be happening as well soon?

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 03:01:38 AM »
It's definitely happening. I'm just not sure it's what you'd call 'soon'.

Offline RobinSteZ

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 09:08:40 AM »
Just keeping this thread alive and showing interest. Anxiously awaiting the reworked Cyradon setting book.

I'm starting a new game using HARP in Cyradon, but unable to provide much of a backdrop to the world. I only have the two adventure books (Wedding at Axebridge, Garden of Rain).

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 10:35:13 AM »
** bump ** :)
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 09:42:34 AM »
So, Nicholas has politely requested that I 'get on with it' so I am working on the Cyradon setting book with renewed vigour. The text will be finished by April (if not before) but how long it takes from then I don't know.

On the plus side: A lot of the artwork already exists and a lot of the formating already exists so layout might be a bit quicker and easier than 'normal'

On the minus side: There's lots of RMU and other stuff already in the queue that may or may not need to be done before the layout team start on Cyradon.