Author Topic: Large print combat & critical charts  (Read 3396 times)

Offline mtpnj

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Large print combat & critical charts
« on: March 29, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »
My group is on the older side.  We are 49, 45, 44, 3x43, 2x37.   When it is time for combat the reading glasses come out.  Sometimes we have to let the old guy with the bifocals read because we can't find reading glasses.  Anything in mind for us old people playing.  The critical charts are funny but age restricted LOL.

Offline frnchqrtr

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Large print combat & critical charts
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »
/AOL

Me too.

/End AOL
"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged." - Cardinal and Duc de Richelieu

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:48:30 PM »
My group is on the older side.  We are 49, 45, 44, 3x43, 2x37.   When it is time for combat the reading glasses come out.  Sometimes we have to let the old guy with the bifocals read because we can't find reading glasses.  Anything in mind for us old people playing.  The critical charts are funny but age restricted LOL.

If you have a computer handy you can have the PDF appear in a larger font. You can also try and print the crit chart over 2 pages. You can get a ruler that has a magnifying glass built into it. Another option is you can try the condensed charts in the Combat Companion and HARP.
 But all in all I think the magnifying ruler is the best way to go as I like the RMSS tables a lot.
MDC

I forgot one, write and excel sheet with all the data in it and have the computer give you the results.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline twh

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Aaarrrgggssshhhh!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 07:34:18 PM »
Reading glasses are a requirement for me these days, too.

You could try printing portions of each chart at a time.  Acrobat Reader allows you to print the currently displayed part of a page; this would allow you to, for example, print a critical table across two pages (landscape) by displaying each half on screen and printing it separately.

If you have access to a large-format printer you could also make B-size copies of the tables, but that might be unwieldy at the game table.

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »
If you have access to a large-format printer you could also make B-size copies of the tables, but that might be unwieldy at the game table.
"My attack chart is as impressive as my weapon, baby!"  :)
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »
"My attack chart is as impressive as my weapon, baby!"  :)

Just hit the Gm with the chart and see how much damage you do.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.