Author Topic: Where do i begin  (Read 12329 times)

Offline Monteblanco

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Where do i begin
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 06:54:35 AM »
If you have contact information regarding any Brazilian publishers. You could always share it with ICE.   ;D

Did you got my PM with this info?

Offline scavitt13

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 04:25:15 PM »
Concerning the choice between RMC and RMFRP:
- RMRFP has currently more supplements
- RMC has currently only the 3 base books available, but I guess most of ICE's resources will support to this version in the next year and not RMFRP.

I'm new to Rolemaster as well, and I am a bit confused concerning the products. Are both RMFRP and RMC going to continue to be supported, or is RMC replacing RMFRP?

Also can the Pulp and Black Ops products be used with RMC or just FMFRP since it is an improvement on the RMSS?

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2007, 06:06:41 PM »
At this time, its likely that both branches will continue to be supported...  RMFRP is the latest edition, while RMC is revised/expanded/reprinted RM2, or "fan service" depending on your point of view.  As for Pulp and Black Ops, they are for RMSS/FRP.  They probably could be converted manually to RMC if you really want, but I would not necessarily recommend that to a new GM.  Juggling different editions of rules is not necessarily a good thing unless you have a lot of experience.

Offline scavitt13

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2007, 06:39:53 PM »
Juggling different editions of rules is not necessarily a good thing unless you have a lot of experience.

Roger that, thanks for the reply. I picked up my copy of RMFRP today. I figure I"ll start there.

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »
Or as a friend of mine said - another character with similar skills as the last.  Hence Fenlarion IV, the Incredibly Unlucky.

Sometimes Rolemaster seems more like a complicated skill based Paranoia game.

Now that's funny. I wonder what a SM:Paranoia game would be like?

-shnar

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2007, 05:45:05 PM »
exceptionally leathal

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2007, 04:39:10 PM »
But easy - just switch the attack with the fumble tables. ;D
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »
I bet there'd be special crit charts, like Computer Reaction Criticals and the like...

-shnar

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 07:32:33 PM »
Paranioa Plasma Crit Table;

A: 01-05  Vital piece of R&D gear is destroyed.  Explain this to the Computer, traitor!  If only personal gear is carried, then head is vaporized, proving youre a traitor since only traitors fail in their mission.
A: 06-00  You are vaporized.  Call in the clones.

B-E Plasma Crits: you do not have the clearance to reference these columns.  A Vulture squadron is being dispatched post hast to dispatch you post haste.  DIE COMMIE TRAITOR!

Man I loved that game.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.