Author Topic: Modifications to Frenzy skill  (Read 385 times)

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Modifications to Frenzy skill
« on: December 16, 2022, 12:47:48 PM »
These are some house rules I have that I think should be incoporated into the skill.
1. Frenzying doubles exhaustion point expendiatures
2. Any penalties from wounds are treated as bonuses to try and frenzy (but are still penalties when trying to unfrenzy).
3. If facing a creature that is a "bane" of the character based on a background option this gives + 25
4. Difficulty telling friend from foe is based on the similarity between the friend and the foe. I.e. telling the difference between a dwarf and a dragon is routine, whereas telling the different between an orc and a human might be hard.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Modifications to Frenzy skill
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 07:25:03 AM »
Be sure to swing the Difficulty column used depending upon the social/stressful situation.

If at a Political banquet where one is brokering peace over war with the hosts, then is insulted by one’s lesser…throw a roll on a harder column to reign in one from going Berserk when it comes time to take out the trash!

Summarily, make it easier to control if said pipsqueak is related to the Emperor.

Don’t just let these skill developers bring it out during actual battles alone.  It’s a mentality and way of life, not just a sterile skill pick!
Many, many RP moments from this kinda way of expanding one’s personality byway of the skills one develops for their (N)PCs.