Author Topic: Question about the Heat Loss Rules from Gamemaster Law!  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
Question about the Heat Loss Rules from Gamemaster Law!
« on: February 27, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »
In my current RMSS campaign, the characters are far up north and winter is on the doorstep (they are currently in the third autumn month).

Because of this I started to read through the extreme cold chapter in Gamemaster Law to check over the rules to see if I am gonna use any of them.

Quote from: Gamemaster Law 19.7.2 on page 165
The following values are based upon 0 degrees of temperature and 20 mph winds (for a wind chill factor of -40 degrees). For other wind speeds or temperatures, add/subtract 5 hits for each increase/decrease of 10 degrees or 10 mph of wind speed. A character will take 1 hit every 5 minutes if the character is awake (that is 12 hits per hour), or 1 hit every 15 minutes is the character is asleep (that is 4 hits per hour).

Does anyone know if the modifications mentioned are applied to the hits per minutes or the hits per hour?

I know the wind chill factors are wrong but since it's already discussed here http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=7315.0 I will not bring it up again and the rest of the rules does not seem to be using the wind chill factor anyway so I will not bother about that issue.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Question about the Heat Loss Rules from Gamemaster Law!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »
I would say, that according to the way it is worded, that the adjustment is to the base hits (i.e. per xx minutes). The "hits per hour" are nothing more than examples of the "hits per xx minutes" over a uniform length of time so that they could be more easily compared.