Author Topic: Split personality and Inspirations for RM2  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Syndhorn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Split personality and Inspirations for RM2
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »
Hallo,
I have a couple questions about RM2:
1) in RMCI, page 50, concerning the Split Personality flaw, it states each personality gains experience. I assume each personality has his/her own separate experience points, is that correct ?
2) in RMCII, page 82, concerning the inspiration spells, they grant +X to all rolls to all the allies of the paladin into range. Does this include all resistance rolls (other than initiative, all maneuvers and attack rolls) as well ? It would seem so, though I find it really extremely powerful as an effect.

Thanks in advance for your support.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:05:51 PM by Syndhorn »

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: Split personality and Inspirations for RM2
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
1) I would say yes.

2) Read loosely, it would apply to RRs, initiative, criticals, everything. . ."All rolls" egad. . .most GMs trim it back on some factors.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:41:58 PM »
I never allow criticals for example but I do allow al other of the above. Remember that the spells have no effect on the caster however.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »
 As a house rule I do not think I would allow crits or init. But that is just MO.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
Truly. . .only other place in the books I can think of, where the phrase "All rolls" comes up, is the "Lucky" background option.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Syndhorn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 05:50:58 PM »
Hallo again,
in the past years I have let characters with the lucky background add 5 to maneuvers, initiative, attacks, RRs and criticals, while I let characters affected by the inspirations spells add the relative bonus to all of the above, minus the criticals, as I thought it would have been simply ridiculous; though, as of late, as I am having another campaign, I was pondering about having the inspirations spells not affecting resistance rolls either (or maybe not affecting just RRs that are not modified by a BAR). At level 17 a paladin can instantly add 40 to every roll of all of his/her allies that are in the range of 170 feet from him/her (for a duration of 34 rounds, which usually is enough to cover the whole fight), even checking arcane spell lists there are really few spells that can be compared to such power as for buff/defense effects (well, offense too, actually).
I wouldn't mind your opinions and/or official clarifications, and thanks to the ones who promptly answered already.