Author Topic: Runes and items spell level limit  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Dark Schneider

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • El único, genial e inimitable Dark Schneider.
Runes and items spell level limit
« on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:43 AM »
One thing I dislike with this is that, for insert until level 10 spells is well, but then we have a barrier, and directly in level 50 we can insert any level spell, creating runes or items with embeded spells in a too big step.

How about the possibility to embed 11+ level spells between?. If with lvl 20 we can embed lvl 10 spells in runes and items, we should be able to embed lvl 11, 15, 18 or 20 (some examples) within levels 21-40.

I am talking about Rune Mastery and alchemy spell lists.

Seek for a lvl 50 alchemist because we want a lvl 15 rune is a bit exagerated IMO.

A solution could be to use "virtual" spells within 21-50 range, in the way than other ones, so for Rune Mastery, if we have 28 ranks, we can write until lvl 14 runes.
For alchemy the same.

Using spell research is not much appropiate and not realistic for game because no one can spend so much time researching so many spells (the lvl 22, 24, 26, 28, 32, 34, 36...etc etc), so they should be virtual or be included in the list, it is not typcical, but items are really a special case.

Note: for alchemy if needed for our game system, because using the limits we only can embed greater than lvl 10 in 1 use items, I would allow it for potions too (as they are 1 use items too), and for creating the rune paper there is no need as the current lists have for create lvl 20, 30 and 50 rune papers.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:56:32 AM by Dark Schneider »

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
Re: Runes and items spell level limit
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 06:10:02 AM »
try looking at the magus profession from RoCoIII and his rune lists

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 09:06:13 AM »
???
In both RM2 and RMSS, Lord Rune Paper (allowing the creation of level 20 rune papers) is a level 25 spell for an Alchemist and a level 30 spell in the Closed Essence list.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Dark Schneider

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • El único, genial e inimitable Dark Schneider.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:14:26 AM »
???
In both RM2 and RMSS, Lord Rune Paper (allowing the creation of level 20 rune papers) is a level 25 spell for an Alchemist and a level 30 spell in the Closed Essence list.

For rune paper I knew that, I said:
and for creating the rune paper there is no need as the current lists have for create lvl 20, 30 and 50 rune papers.

Well, so for inscribe runes there is no need to have lvl 40 for lvl 20 runes, better, but there is a hollow yet, the range 11-19 should be covered, and the same for Imbed spells (and maybe potion).

Rune Mastery is open not closed.