Author Topic: Alignment question / Leadership Roll  (Read 6059 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Alignment question / Leadership Roll
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 05:05:05 AM »
 On alignment, I generally keep a players alignment on a card and only warn them if they are straying to far from their gods path if they are a cleric of that god.
 Since I have the alignment I can decide what bonus or negative it will apply in a given situation. Now arguing with a player about what they would or would not do based on the PC's past actions is another question.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 05:38:37 AM »
A character could abandon the love of his life if necessry and motivated. Sure, it would be painful to the extreme but it can be done.
A character can betray his lord if motivated enough. Sure, but he better get the h**l out of there or bad stuff will happen.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 08:48:40 AM »
(clears throat, picks up dice...)

You shall all send me ONE DOLLAR!

(rolls dice, hopes for open ended...)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »
(clears throat, picks up dice...)

You shall all send me ONE DOLLAR!

(rolls dice, hopes for open ended...)

Fails RR.  Gets out a dollar...but wait!  Don't have yamma's address.  Time passes, decides to devote dollar to paper to print out more character sheets.

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 06:28:03 AM »
...The point here IMHO is not simultaing reality, is the fact that in game terms either you give Influence skills the same "power" of all the other skills, allowing them to have some impact in the game, or there's no sense in having them.

Agreed.
Although in our games we let the PC make a RR (or appropriate skill check) and if he fails, then he is affected- be it skill or spell. Even if another PC is doing the casting (influencing). Everybody understands the why's and wherefore's so there is no arguing, but payback is a... well, you know ;)
Although my players run a little low on the "role-playing" meter, they do make use of social skills, and usually quite cleverly...
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc