Author Topic: Rolemaster Issues  (Read 17264 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Issues
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
I think I would limit the amount that the F range would decrease by as some weapons are just unwieldy no matter how good you are with them. I can also see letting the player by a talent or let them select from a number of talents every 10 ranks per weapon skill. This way everyone is not the same as it is in real life.

MDC

I think that those weapons should have a greater fumble range (if they don't already). I mean it has to be easier to flub a flail attack than a dagger or a short spear... I would image. That means you could limit the minimum, or not as it just takes more ranks to get there.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2009, 07:35:21 AM »
You could say that the minimum fumble range (after reduction) can't be reduced to less than 1/2 the original fumble range.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »
You could say that the minimum fumble range (after reduction) can't be reduced to less than 1/2 the original fumble range.

That could work just fine.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Nortti

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2010, 06:16:46 AM »
DeathFromAbove:

Breakage system is bad. I would even say it is broken ;) Never used it as it is a chore and slows the game down too much. I have been thinking of making some kind of simple rule of my own for this.

We have used a simple rule of adding to defence - if you want ONLY to defend and you have free space of at least 3 meters to go backwards you can add + 10 to DB (maybe I will adjust that up). If you are back against a wall you cannot get this bonus, but then nobody can you hit you from behind. Simple but works. You still have to make that +0 attack roll. Making a separate defence roll would slow things too much IMO.

OB/DB system works well I think. We write down OB/DB to paper every round and reveal it as it is our turn to hit. That I think brings dynamic feel to combat. "Oh, you decided to make an all-out attack too this round!? Gasp!! Ok, let's see who wins initiative!"

If you want your players to develop a shield skill then why not make one? Would you have shield as a separate weapon with its own OB and DB? It is true that some fighters are better with shields than others. Would you give more development points to cover this new need? Magic users would get more DP too even if they wont use shields?

If you are tired of old crit tables make your own tables or remove lethal results from A's and B's if you like. Your game is your game - modify it as you like. We others would be happy to know about your modifications.