Author Topic: Quality Time with C&T  (Read 2038 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Quality Time with C&T
« on: September 10, 2008, 04:26:43 PM »
 I have been spending some quality time with the new RMC Creatures and Treasures and noticed the option for using other creatures in the book as PC's.
 One option that jumped into my mind for negative level races was instead of going negatiive exp cutting the required amount of EXP in 1/2 per negative level. So if a race had a -2 level offset then assuming they needed 10,000 exp for first level they would instead need 2500 [10,000/2=5000/2=2500]. I know that this is not as good as instant levels or characters but IMO it would reflect the fast learning ability of some races required to survive in the big bad world.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: Quality Time with C&T
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:05:28 AM »
That doesn't quite catch the whole motive behiind RLO though. The main point was to shift the cresting points where the exp/lv goes up (every 5 levels). . .so that -2 kobold won't need to double EXP cost per level until 8, where a human does at 6. . .and all races become equal once all have crossed the 50k per level line.

It advises that a -2 kobold playing with humans of 1st level should probably be around 3rd to balance it out, but you could just start them off at 1st, and they'll get their benefit off of that delayes exp crest later.

The rule on level adjustment is more important in the reverse direction, with stronger than human races. (A party of 1st level humans will likely be both literally and figuratively in the shadow of a 1st level Cloud Giant.)
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com