Author Topic: Help  (Read 2445 times)

Offline big_country_wi

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Help
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:00:06 PM »
i want to purchase the pdfs for rmc, but unfortunately, due to my credit and past history, i cannot get a bank account.  so i purchased a visa gift card to buy them, and its being denied.  is there anyway to do this?  or any other place where i can purchase the pdfs online that might let me use the gift card?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:34:03 PM »
Ok, I did a little research regarding a Visa Gift Card. Here is the important part (I have bolded the bits that I think are VERY important)....

Online or phone purchases
  • To make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card. You can do this by either calling the issuing provider, or by visiting their website. This information should have been supplied to you when you received the card. It may also be printed on the back of the card.
  • When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information you provided when registering your card.
  • If the information you provide differs from what was provided when the card was registered, the transaction may be declined.
  • You can verify or update your information by visiting the card provider's Web site, or by contacting them using the toll-free number provided in your card materials.

From my reading of this, you need to call the card provider and register it. That way when the card is run online, the CC company will kick back that the name and address information is correct (which is basically why it got rejected as there currently no information at the CC company for it to be checked against).

To read the page yourself - Click Here

Offline big_country_wi

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 10:09:04 PM »
thank you very much.  i followed your advice, and whoila, i got my pdfs.  i appreciate the help.  this is the kind of things that make you guys here at ice so much better than the 'other' guys, haha.

Offline Setorn

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 11:29:35 AM »
I second that.
Rev. Scott

It all started with two men vs. three-hundred thousand orcs.

Offline skathros!

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:05:17 PM »
ICE's costumer service is one of the best (if not THE best) i've ever dealt with. There was a snag with an order I placed a while back (which doesn't bother me. To err is human) but the one thing that impressed me about that particular order was the way Bruce and Tim were in constant communication with me, never leaving me in the dark, and answering all my annoying emails until I finally got my book. That kind of costumer care ensures that I keep coming back to ICE. They've earned my $ not only with their wonderful products but with their great service.

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 05:26:04 AM »
Sign me up on the `Pay homage to ICE for great services rendered` list. I had some problems with some orders as well and Bruce (and others) I am sure handled everything to perfection.

Yet another reason why ICE shouldnt be allowed to get washed away by the times of time
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame