Author Topic: Replay Spells, What is seen?  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Fornitus

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The Frequently Deceased
Replay Spells, What is seen?
« on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »
In a different thread Replay spells were mentioned as a possible way to notice something was up with a Soul Swapper that had passed by.

As a house rule we developed the idea that it was Emotions you were reading. So, you get the most emotionaly charged events first if your Replaying a room or something without a Guide Spell.

This means a Polymorphed or "changed" creature or individual would look weird in some way in the replay. Also, only something that guarded your mind from detection would prevent a PC from showing up in a Replay.

Is there something somewhere that clairafies the intent of the wrighters?

I'm also interested in how other GM's handel what is seen in Replays.
Expecialy if something in the Replay is different than it would appear in person.

This means you TomOBedlam ;D

thanks
CUTHLU FOR PRESIDENT!!
WHY CHOSE A LESSER EVIL?

or did we?

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: Replay Spells, What is seen?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
you mean all those past lores and past visions?

Not much risk if someone is blindly replaying an area. BUT

In the context you raised, I would say a posessed soul, trapped in it's own body by an invader qualfies as a walking "Emotionaly charged event."

If the spell in it's wording implies it will gravitate to that kind of thing, a possessed person would seem to jump out of the woodwork.

A Death's tale true. . . .heheheh. then again, it's like the real world, once someone who can shift that kind of weight is after you, you're likely busted regardless.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Fornitus

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »
Right LM but I was thinkng about non-soul swapper conditions.(yes I DO think about other stuff  haha :))

For instance, a 15th lvl Ranger in a scenario I'm running (lvled from 1st over 4 yrs REAL time) has a nasty habbit of replaying areas where something happened to get a first hand account. Perficly fine unless the instigator NPC is someone using magic to just look like whoever their trying to frame. (illusions)

So far IMO he just gets a blurry face or something, but this tells him it is not who everyone thinks it is. Luckily, he cant "show" what he sees to others as proof, just his word of what he sees.

Thats why I want to know how others handel these Past Vision/Past Lore/Path Tell spells. ???
CUTHLU FOR PRESIDENT!!
WHY CHOSE A LESSER EVIL?

or did we?

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »

If the target is using an illusion then I would have the dream/replay see just that, the illusion, as that would be his POV during the spell. Now if it was a scrying/dream and the PC asked to see the real target, then I would consider an RR of illusion vs dream spell level.

If the target had scrying guards in place (ROCO II or equivalent) then I would blurr the target. Again using RRs if the PC did further dreams.

Ciao,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Fornitus

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 01:28:20 PM »
Perhaps seeing events based on emotion is house from years ago. I thought it was cannon. Oops :P
CUTHLU FOR PRESIDENT!!
WHY CHOSE A LESSER EVIL?

or did we?

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »
I think that's actually tied to the BGO/talent "Visions" or was it "Psycholometry"?
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com