Author Topic: Monsters and initiative  (Read 2225 times)

Offline bocklin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • You wouldn't want to hurt me, now, would you?
Monsters and initiative
« on: December 24, 2007, 03:35:44 AM »
Am I seeing that wrong or nearly all monsters/creatures will go first in the initiative round (i.e. before the players)?

From the sample table in AL and the C&T sample on the website, I have the impression all creatures are MF, FA or VF... So they have Initiative boni of +20 to +40...

Even for characters with Quickness 90+, that's quite hard to beat.

Am I missing something?

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
Re: Monsters and initiative
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »
Nope, You arent missing anything, they are fast like that. Just makes them even more dangerous, making the players stuck in the cities where they feel safer (until the GM pulls some nasties on them in there)
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: Monsters and initiative
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »
There are a lot of slower monsters in CT. . . .then again there are a lot of faster ones too. Most animals have high AQs. . .because most animals are faster on the attack than humans. So you will notice a lot of fast creatures in the first half of CT, which is all animals.

I'm guessing you can expect to get initiative every round on say Zombies for instance.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com