Author Topic: Harp and old Rolemaster Companion spell lists  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Minneyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Harp and old Rolemaster Companion spell lists
« on: October 24, 2007, 03:00:45 PM »
Has anyone converted some of the old Rolemaster Companion spell lists to Harp?

I know that I could do it (the conversion) myself, but I hate the thought of duplicating the effort.

I'm mostly interesting in a lot of the old "semi-spell" user lists.

I'm *especially* interested in the Chaos Lord lists.

I always loved the idea of magic being used to influence the strength (and weaknesses) of weapons and armor.  I'm currently working to develop a whole series of elemental spells for Harp the influence weapons and armor in a similar manner to the old Chaos Lord "chaos weapon" and "chaos armor" lists.

The "control chaos" lists don't interest me as much, our group basically ignored them anyway.  We just liked the Chaos Lord for the approach to melding magic and arms.

Thanks in advance,

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Re: Harp and old Rolemaster Companion spell lists
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 03:54:49 PM »
Can only second that question. Chaos Lord would be really interesting. Warlock also.  ;D
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Mattiyaho

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:01:08 PM »
I had a GM who used list casting as an ancient magical system. What he did was the ranks you had in the spell equaled the level spell you could cast. All quick casting penalties applied, and an additional -5 for every level the spell was above the caster.  Example a 5th level character has 10 ranks in a list he can cast the 10th level spell at a -25 or he could cast a 5th or lesser level spell with no minus. The GM also limited the development of ranks in lists to 2 per level and lists cost 4 DP's per rank. This helped to balance the lists and they were still very effective and powerful. Many spell effects need to be tweeked a bit to work with HARP but as far as I remember nothing serious.

Offline Minneyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 08:34:55 AM »
Thanks, that's not a bad idea.  At the very least, I could use that house rule to get started while I worked to convert the Older Lists.

Offline kasalin

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »
I've done a few conversions or interpretations of the Chaos spells.  I need to spiff them up a bit, but I'm happy to share them. 
* No good deed goes unpunished

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 02:34:08 AM »
Excellent. Post them here or in the upload section.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!