Author Topic: thrown weapons and others ...  (Read 3023 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
thrown weapons and others ...
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:52:22 AM »
Hi all folks
How You handle a fight with PC/NPC using Saltar's bombs or holy waters? The rules are unclears about this. A skill must use to do a hit? like others skills of thrown weapons (like bolas...)?

Another question: are You use a rule for reducing damage for wearing an armor with the Hack'N'slash combat system? Can You mix the reducing damage system from Martial Law with Hack'N'Slash (I think there's a important point to give an advantage for wearing an armour; I read from history books that in the Renaissance era [16 century] it was hard to kill a fighter wearing plate armours ("Harnois blanc ou plain" in French), some fire weapons cannot even pierce this armours ("? l'?preuve" in French). Maybe it's possible to use damage reduction for mail and up (not using the more damage rules for leather, and studded leather in Martial law). I don't like the rule for reducing damage from Bazaar annual p82.

tank Iou for all answers/suggestions.
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Dr_Sage

Re: thrown weapons and others ...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 04:50:29 AM »

Another question: are You use a rule for reducing damage for wearing an armor with the Hack'N'slash combat system? Can You mix the reducing damage system from Martial Law with Hack'N'Slash (I think there's a important point to give an advantage for wearing an armour; I read from history books that in the Renaissance era [16 century] it was hard to kill a fighter wearing plate armours ("Harnois blanc ou plain" in French), some fire weapons cannot even pierce this armours ("? l'?preuve" in French).

In my opinion in HARP DB = Damage Reduction + Evading Capabilities.  So to me the DB from armor is already partialy damage reduction. And the game was balanced in a way to let Heavy Tanks, Quick-agile, or Spell protected characters to survive equaly.

But if you want to ajust the criticals furter I strongly recomend randomizing criticals. Basicaly you will have the diference between the character that is a Tank and is hit often, but takes reduced the damage, and the other who evades a lot of attacks, but is hurt seriously when struck.

If you randomize Hack and Slash criticals, giving a generous "general passive DB" to everyone I believe that will do the trick, and you can combine both H&S and ML. ;)

I have not play tested this but it is probably how I will randle criticals in my next campaign. I hope you like it and call if have more doubts.

Regards,

Andre

PS: One foot note on armors: every real ages of our history had a kind of "uniformization" of armors vessus weapons. But usualy in fantasy settings we love to see a mix of styles.
To give one example: In LotR we have the heavy armored Guimli, fighting side by side with Legolas and Aragorn. Would not be the like that if every warrior had only one good parth to follow. If you really like the idea of making heavy armor better than all othe options, be prepared for very heavy armored players in the long run.

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: thrown weapons and others ...
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:04:43 AM »
Tanx for You point of view.
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&