Author Topic: Your current RMSS campaign...  (Read 15559 times)

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Your current RMSS campaign...
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 02:22:01 PM »
Wow.  Gor, Powers & Perils...this thread is bringing a tear to my eye.

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2008, 02:43:38 AM »
Hey ToM, if you got a spare room and are willing to put up with my innability to speak italian*, I would love to play in that game.  ;D

* I am willing (and desiring) to learn italian. Plus I would get a job so I wouldn't be a bum.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Inez Hull

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +10/-10
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »
Firing up for a new campaign in the not too distant future. We haven't gamed for quite a while and are chafing at the bit for a free patch in our collective busy lives...

Setting: Alternate medieval europe, drawing loosely on Warhammer's Old World - well for maps, place names and stereotypes anyway!

Type of Campaign: Planning on a blend of "mercenary company" and "crusades" campaign which will have sandbox play elements but also an overall story arc. There will likely only be two players, so there may be a cast of NPC's, or an interesting thing we've tried in the past is two PC's per player.

Ruleset: RM2 dabbling into all companions and some RMFRP rules. We are also going to try including some kind of fate/hero points mechanic or spiritual attributes from TROS.

Offline ToM

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Would-be barbarian
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 10:38:42 AM »
After a short while we left Rolemaster for group reworking and a biref d20 Modern interlude (God, forgive us! ;D), we will soon be back onto RM.

Next week we're gonna start up a new campaign.
Only two, very experienced players. Two characters. Forgotten Realms.

Here's the two...

Gandrell "Ghosthand" Edhelorn, Half-elf Mystic 5

Son of a human mercenary and a moon elf priestess of Selune, grown up in Silverymoon under the tutoring of a prominent member of the Spellguard.

Sylar Corvus, Half-drow Rogue 3/Armsmaster 2
Son of a human mercenary and a drow priestess of Elistraee. He shows many similarities with Gandrell and perhaps the two are brothers-in-law.

We are very excited to get back onto classic fantasy with such an intriguing and storytelling feel.

Time to let the dice roll again!
"For no one in this world can you trust, my son. Not men, not women, not beasts. But steel... THIS, you can trust!"

Offline mathhatt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 05:47:22 AM »
SETTING - the Shadow World

TYPE OF CAMPAIGN - long term campaign (began in 1998), with a LOT of small adventures and a few big scenarios with recurrent themes and characters (NPCs, both ennemies and allies). I have no idea how many hours were spent playing with these characters, but it's a lot :)
We used the Aranmor setting (demons of the burning night) for a full campaign, with time travel and so forth. We played a little on Jaiman, but mostly in Emer (North east and west). The characters had adventures in almost every places of interest of the north part of the continent.

CHARACTERS - 5 Characters

- Y'eora Melinea. Y'kin, female, Sister of Eissa (our own strange mix of cleric, healer and priest professions). Now level 18 (almost 19), with a very powerful link to Eissa. One of the most powerful character of the group, being a very powerful spell user from a powerful deity that protects one of her favorite follower ;). The campaign began with her character as well as her protector, Aethyar:

- Aethyar Daelir. Talath, male, Paladin of Eissa (in our campaing, the Paladins of Eissa is a groupe that was created by Aethyar himself, he began as a simple fighter willing to protect Y'eora Melinea), now level 17 (almost 18).

- Erik Hakkenlor. Talath, male, Warrior-mage. Had a daugther with a (now deceased) Iylar woman. The essaence had a say about it, and the child had strange powers and was growing very fast in her first years (she looked about 10 after one year). Now she is an apprentice loremaster and her aging process was slowed by the loremasters. He's now level 17 (he joined the campaign in the first adventures) but as the player was in Japan for a year he wasn't here for the last adventures.

- Random (full name unknown). Ky'taar, female, nightblade. During the last few years she managed to infiltrate the cult of the stars, and glained precious information for the group. But she was discovered and now the assassins are after her (and the group as well, by the way). Now level 17, she joined the group during the Aranmor adventure.

- Coreus Baldron, Kinsa, male, Armsmaster. He wasn't part of the group since the beginning and joined them after the Aranmor adventure. He's now level 16 (almost 17), and he is a military officer.

RULESET - RMSS standard rules and a few house rules. Use of most of the professions, spells and combat tables (combat styles of martial arts companion as well).
"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it."
-- Galadriel, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring. --

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »
SETTING -- My home town.

TYPE OF CAMPAIGN -- Dark Fantasy (???)

Characters -- None yet, for some wierd reason I can't recruit. :(

RULESET -- RMSS/RMFRP using Fire and Ice, Character Law, Arcane Companion (for RMSS), RMC I, the Channeling Companion, Creatures and Monsters, Mentalism Companion, and Creatures and Treasures (Classic).

Campaign Description -- Writing up adventure right now.  The adventure(s) focus around the Foret Noir (French for Dark Forest, excuse my French, I don't know the grammar of it!) which is a Phylactery for a Classic Lich that lives on the Jordan River.

RACES -- PCs can be:
* Humans
* Massallian Elves
* (greater) Orcs
* The Harrowed (Undead PC Race)
* Wild Elves
* Dwarves
* High Elves

Any of the Professions found in RMSR/RMFRP and Character Law are allowed.  The Warlock in the Channelling Companion is due for a rewrite, and the Priest from the Channeling Companion is allowed.  Also allowed are  the Elementalist from Fire and Ice.  Concepts from the Arcane Companion are used but the professions are off limits.
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541

Offline jps

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »
I'm reviving an old campaign. It is set in Scarred Lands, a setting written by Sword & Sorcery (a White Wolf branch) for the D20 system. Back then we used the D20 (it was the first time I GMed D&D) it worked quite well but as my party leveled up the overall feeling was less Heroic Fantasy than Super Hero fantasy so I didn't enjoy D20 at high levels and it didn't over enjoyed me at lower level either. Still, I love the setting and my player's PCs so I decided to convert it to RMFRP.

Setting: Scarred Lands Dark/high fantasy in world scarred by a huge war between Titans and Gods.

Type of compaign: heroic with very high stakes. The first campaign dealt with preventing a titan from rising anew. Of course defeating monsters, travelling thru strange lands and explorations are also involved. Politics is a significant issue too.

Characters: I'm resuming my previous campaign so my PCs aren't beginers, they were level 15 in D&D and I'm just translating them into lvl 15 in RM.

Gaetan: a Gnome Magician trying to dabble in ancient draconic magic. He is quite a natural as far as magic is concerned and the secret lore of arcane magic will be revealed to him over the course of the ongoing campaign.
Fenris: a wood elf ranger who travelled to a distant elvish kingdom and saved him from a terrible curse. Over the adventure Fenris discovered he was the carbon copy of an ancien king, dead centuries ago. He revived the elvish queen and married her.
Thanatos: human Paladin of Hedrada the lord of law and order. He's climbing the ladder of his church and he's destined to rise a new legion of faithfull warriors that will oppose the "titanspawns" (the various creatures following the titans' ways).
Constantin Chlore: this one is quite new since the player lost his previous character. He is a Madriel Paladin. Madriel is the goddess of light, love and compassion but he is member of a sect within the order dedicated to eradicate living deads. The details of his character are still to be developped.

Ruleset RMFRP and all its supplements

Offline mikerand

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2008, 10:29:39 AM »
Our GM is has a home-brewed low tech, martial arts type world.  Here is the GM's description:

"In the land of Mindan, Tribal communities live trapped between the sea to the south and the mountains to the north.  Averse to change, and fearful of what lies beyond, Clans survive as they always have.  Most are content with their way of life and thank the Spirit Mother, The First Lifebringer for allowing them to live as they would, free from the subjugation they once faced.

Following the ways of earth and water, the Clans have lived well, and peacefully, for as long as anyone can remember.  But all of this may soon be a distant memory.  A hidden danger is lurking beneath the peaceful, every-day life of a clansman.  Pray to the Spirit Mother that it does not come forth within your lifetime."

Mike (me) - Mixed Man Ranger with the Hunter (L), Assassin(v), & Herbalist(v) TP's.  I took the Eunuch flaw and have the Herbalist talent.

Sarah - Mixed Man Warrior Monk with Martial Artist (L) tp.

Jack - Mystic

Hayman - Magician

Offline ToM

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Would-be barbarian
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »
Given my other campaign switched to 3.5 edition (it's not my fault nor decision, I can assure you... it was a player's choice), I'm about to start a NEW GROUP to play Rolemaster.

Setting will be a classic Middle Earth - Fourth Age.
I'm letting the players start with the "Gates of Mordor" trilogy (slightly modified) and eventually let them go on with "Ghosts of the Southern Anduin" (also modified). I plan to have a very free-flowing game, leaving the adventure as the focus of attention and using character hooks like NPCs and the like to spice-up the game and eventually build up material for a story-driven campaign, later on.

Characters will be four.

Haleth - Rohirrim Fighter. Very young and idealistic, the classic headstrong. He is illegitimate son of King Eomer but he never knew he was alive. Haleth left the Mark after discovering the truth, fearing of shaming his mother and fearing also for his life. He is skilled with warhammer and shield combo, and can use a spear. He is also good at the outdoors (Outdoorsman talent).

Jalven - Half-elf mage. He comes from Edhellond in southern Gondor, son of a dunadan merchant and an avar elf lady. He is calm and cool looking and very skilled in magics. He can also skirmish a little with his magical short sword.

Hazun - Haruze (northern haradrim) rogue. Classical dual-wielding skirmisher with a very little magic support (only a few spells). Got the Weapon Master training package and is a very bloodied one, instinctive and competitive.

Blazanar - Avar elf (wood elf) bard. He is from Greenwood the Great of the lineage og King Thanduil and Legolas. A wanderer, adventurer, poet and archer, and also a duelist. A very eclectic and vital character.
"For no one in this world can you trust, my son. Not men, not women, not beasts. But steel... THIS, you can trust!"

Offline Usdrothek

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 09:37:36 PM »
Setting - Middle Earth T.A. 1644

Type of campaign - gritty 'realism', magic rare, quite politically driven

Ruleset - RMSS with some house rules

Check it out
 http://angle-campaign.awardspace.com

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2008, 12:46:58 AM »
SETTING- My own campaign world - a world of magic 20k years in Earth's future
RULESET - RM2 with a little RMSS thrown in for updating purpose. Based on a nearly 20 year old face-to-face campaign. This is the "next generation" of characters.

Okay this is just creepy.

SETTING: - Ditto.

RULESET: - Ditto, only my face to face campaign is...27 years old, I think.

TYPE OF CAMPAIGN: Really just finding ways to deal with the world as it is. The world is a dangerous place. The characters are mostly Elf/Human crosses living in the Rocky Mountains of N. America, and much of the action centers around the Dwarven trading city of Kettledome, built under the mountains surrounding the Yellowstone caldera. Their most persistent threat is the Orc (greater) tribes that dominate the plains to the east. Culturally, the orcs are something of a cross between Comanches, Mongols and Vikings.

CHARACTERS: It isn't active right now, trying to incorporate changes from RMSS didn't go over well. When it starts again (probably in RMC), probable characters are:
Roxy Balboa, Halfling female Warrior Monk. She's on the road mainly cos she's just too violent for Halfling society. She wins prizes in the arena. She's a bully, too.
Duncan Boxer, Human male Monk. Someone who has attached himself to Roxy, trying to be her "voice of reason". It isn't working.
Mel Practice, Half Elf male Healer. We're not sure why he tags along with Roxy and Duncan. Perhaps he's a masochist. Being a follower of the God of Wine, Drunkenness and Madness, it's not unlikely.
Flaude Thierry, Half Elf male Magician. The Uber Goober Ultimate Geek Boy. The kid has a pocket protector on his robe.
Cy Omega, Human male Mentalist. Nobody asks why he tags along with this motley crew either. He always looks amused, like if you ask him why he hangs around he might give you a really offensive answer.
Julie Anne Freys, Half Elf female Fighter. This woman is just plain mean. Watching her and Roxy argue is reminiscent of Foghorn Leghorn and the chickenhawk.
Hugh Tu, Human Thief. He's with the group because it has enough firepower to be a safe, cushy gig. (*snicker* Yes, the player actually said those words.) Also, he's crushing hard on Julie Anne. It's a wonder she hasn't killed him yet.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2008, 01:41:55 AM »
One of the really nice things about it is that my game map is Google Earth.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2008, 01:57:44 AM »
GOF,
 Yes almost always there is trouble in the beginning for RM2 conversion to RMSS. Common complaints are too many skills, skill bonus is smaller, professions IMO are better balanced and do not like that, stat bonuses are smaller and no level bonus.

Yes Googe Earth is a huge bonus but you cannot print out the cool terrain maps unless you shell out $.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2008, 10:32:59 AM »
Yes Google Earth is a huge bonus but you cannot print out the cool terrain maps unless you shell out $.

True. But what I *can* do is take them down to just above ground level and then level the horizon. That way they are looking at a 3d map from below the level of the mountaintops. Such things make a HUGE difference when you're traveling through dragon country, as you can get the sight lines and blind spots right.
Another nice thing is a program called sketchup that allows you to drop 3D models into Google earth. I can build and furnish a tavern in an hour or so, and actually walk my players through it. I get a lot of the visual immersion of playstation/xbox games, without the limitation of options.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
And besides, I can get cool terrain maps out of old National Geographics.

;D

Offline ToM

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Would-be barbarian
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 03:55:25 AM »
... Just added another character yesterday.

Devorn, mixed man magent.

Offline Deepfire

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blödmannsgehilfe and Mad RPG Collector
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 01:44:53 AM »
Starting a Rolemaster Fantasy - MIDNIGHT Campaign.

It's pretty much in the "what do I need, how will I do it" phase, so it will take a while before it runs.
Currently DMing:
13th Age - Citystate of the Invincible Overlord
Fear Itself - Cthulhu adventures
Traveller - Tripwire
Rolemaster – Rise of the Runelords

Offline ToM

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Would-be barbarian
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2009, 03:10:30 AM »

It's pretty much in the "what do I need, how will I do it" phase, so it will take a while before it runs.
;)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2009, 04:52:01 AM »

I have some of the Midnight stuff, the City of Shadow is very cool. I live the several hundred story tower! Awesome!
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2009, 07:00:31 AM »
Yea, its a kewl setting, and its a movie too http://www.midnight-film.com/
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"