Author Topic: RPG Power Levels  (Read 136 times)

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
RPG Power Levels
« on: March 12, 2024, 02:55:31 PM »
Posting here since can be used in any RM flavor.
Fellow RMers,

I know this does nothing but make things more complicated, however, some may wish for a more complex Power Level System.

This is my offering for a new world I am creating.

Curse me, or Enjoy.  Or even better, redesign for your world...

Table below depicts the system outlined in the RMU-betav2.  I cannot purchase the new books due to retired budget.  At least not yet.

The Knacks, Reroll Under, Average Temporary, Average Potential are irradicated in my Etherlan Role Playing System (ERPS), which is based on the RMU.  For Knacks, I created the Professional Skill Bonus Specialization system.  For the Reroll Under, Average Temporary and Potential, there is no Stat Score; rather, I created a Stat Bonus purchase system.  I mean, is it not the bonus you are most interested in?  The PP Recov was a screw ball for me, for I did not know there was a PP Recov stat within the Power Level system.  Have to thimk about that one.  Any suggestions?

Special Note: I converted the PP Recov into minutes due to the possible need of using minutes instead of hours.

Level     PP Recov     StPnts
Average     300m     0
Superior     240m     10
Heroic     180m     20
Legendary     120m     30
Epic     60m     40

Here is the system I thought of before I even looked it up in the RMU-betav2.  Next time I should look before lea...

Level     PP Recov     StPnts
Typical     420m *     0
Average     360m     10
Standard     300m     20
Superior     240m     30
Heroic     180m     40
Unique     120m     50
Epic     90m     65
Legendary     60m     80
Mythical     45m     100
Supreme     30m     120
Divine     15m     150
Beyonder     0m (never drains)     ∞ (unlimited)

rmfr

"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Re: RPG Power Levels
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 02:56:47 PM »
Ooop.  Got error no body text.  Redid, and had to delete and explain why I poopooed.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.