Author Topic: ERRATA NEEDED conflicting absolute maneuver  (Read 518 times)

Offline assur

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERRATA NEEDED conflicting absolute maneuver
« on: October 12, 2023, 08:54:04 PM »
While reading passing through (p.158) I found a reference to "conflicting absolute maneuver". I wondered what it is because I could not remember a reference about it. I went back to absolute maneuver" (pp.124-126) but found no reference to it.
Finally reading "opposite maneuver" (p.156) I found a reference to "conflicting skills (pp.86-87)" and in the example to "conflicting running absolute maneuver".
I scanned the pdf for "conflicting absolute maneuver" and found no result!
I suggest to add a reference to "conflicting skills (pp.86-87)" in the absolute maneuver" (pp.124-126) paragrafh or to add a paragrafh "conflicting absolute maneuver". Or to add a reference to "conflicting skills (pp.86-87)"  in the "passing through"(p.158) paragraph.
It could create a lot of confusion in a new player.

Offline assur

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERRATA NEEDED conflicting absolute maneuver
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 09:09:18 PM »
I think the best solution should be to add a new paragrapfh in the manouver chapter. It is a new maneuver type (or a subdivisione of the absolute manouver one) and should be described in the manouver chapter, not in the skill one.

Offline assur

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 10:36:46 PM »
As I read  through I found a reference to "conflicting manouver" in the paragraphs: grapple (p.177), social awareness (p.262), contortions (p.97) and disarming (p.171).
There is not a reference to "conflicting manouver" in the chapter manouver but only in the skill chapter and if u scan the pdf you find only the previous paragrafhs but not how to resolve the manouver itself.
I think you have to add a reference to "conflicting skills" (p.86) in every one above paragraph (social awareness have it).
But the best thing to do should be to add a paragraph "conflicting manouvers" (absolute and percentage) in the manouver chapter. It's sad the manouver chapter does not have any reference to the "conflicting manouvers" (absolute and percentage).

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 07:30:13 PM »
It refers to the Conflicting Skills rule on page 86. Conflicting Skills can be resolved as either absolute maneuvers or percentage maneuvers. So, a conflicting absolute maneuver means conflicting skills that are being resolved as absolute maneuvers.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster