Author Topic: RMU GM screen?  (Read 852 times)

Offline Melencir

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMU GM screen?
« on: July 01, 2023, 04:02:05 AM »
Has anyone made their own screen or a only put the "most important" rules on a PDF. Loved the old GM Screens for Rolemaster, you as it should, had most rules at a fingertip... Sligtly easier to thumb thru the book...

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMU GM screen?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 07:26:27 AM »
I made my own RM2 GM screen using 3-ring binders.  I put all the things I used frequently as well as all the crit and weapon tables from the Companions so I wouldn't have to rifle through several books trying to remember where it was.

While RMU is still young and doesn't have lots of Companions yet, it would be great to have something to use that would help new GMs move the new game sessions move along a little more smoothly.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Agrikk

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 11:17:00 AM »
In addition to a set of PDFs that I made for each of the most common weapon tables from AL&CL, I made a GM screen with tables that I use often enough to not want to look them up but not often enough that I wanted a PDF open on my laptop. I have a lot of exhaustion point stuff on this screen because my current campaign takes place in fantasy Siberia and sub-freezing temperaturesare a big part of the "environment is actively trying to kill everyone" vibe I'm going for.

I used this 4-fold presentation board for my screen, cut-down to size: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GOZYRI

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 11:44:29 AM »
GM screens came up in a thread a few years ago, and Hurin posted a link to a customizable one (https://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=19567.msg231758#msg231758)
I put the charts I want on it, including home-brew charts, and on the player-facing side I put pictures that reflect the campaign or day's adventure. The one down side is that the seams between panels are a bit weak and I had to repair one or two.
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 03:34:45 PM »
Hah, I am still using that one! Mine has survived better, with no busted seams, but I sweat every time I poke my fingers down to grab a sticky sheet!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 11:25:46 PM »
...I sweat every time I poke my fingers down to grab a sticky sheet!

I just...yeah, that's a quote.
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline DerGraumantel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 03:24:00 AM »
Shouldn't there be an online service for printing your personal GM Screen with your own assortment of info on.
Gotta check that out, that has to exist.

Offline ninja

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Dust, Death and a D100
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2023, 10:24:36 AM »
I posted a RMU GM Screen in the Vault, awaiting approval from admin as we speak. Just a 4 page pdf, with a bunch of table screenshots and an old logo. But should do the trick 😬

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2023, 09:51:57 PM »
Sometimes files take a while to get approved, so don't be put out if it takes a bit to get into the vault. But thank you for posting!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle