Author Topic: Converting troop combat levels into RMU skill ranks  (Read 274 times)

Offline Hansuke

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Converting troop combat levels into RMU skill ranks
« on: May 08, 2023, 03:34:20 PM »
I sometimes look at skills generally through the Stargrunt 2 game Levels. Untrained Troops D4, Green Troops D6, Regular Troops D8, Veteran Troops D10 and Elite Troops D12. This helps me place skill levels in other games. Stargrunt 2 uses those five dice types for almost everything.

I was looking at the Knowledge Tiers in Table 3-13a, page 98, RMU Core Law. Would it be fair to place combat type skills levels based on my thinking along this line?

1-5 skill ranks would equal an untrained person.
6-10 skill ranks would equal a green trooper will basic understanding of combat skills.
11-15 skill ranks would equal a regular trooper with sufficient skills at this level.
16-20 skill ranks would equal a veteran with those level skills.
21+ skill ranks would place the trooper in the area of elite trooper skills.

I was reading through the forum thread regarding nomad and riding ranks and starting wondering about this.

I would like to apply this type of thinking to my characters. For example: A character with 12 ranks in Ranged Weapons** would be considered a regular trooper that you could depend on most of the time.

Am I missing anything on this progression?