Author Topic: RMU subforum  (Read 698 times)

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMU subforum
« on: April 29, 2023, 06:36:49 AM »
I was wondering…
We have a RM2/RMC and a RMSS/RMFRP subforum. Now that RMU is out, wouldn't it a good idea to create a RMU subforum as well?
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMU subforum
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 07:51:59 AM »
Yes, I agree, that would be cool.

Offline kwickham

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Aioskoru
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 09:58:10 AM »
And maybe move all the beta posts into it as RMU subforum topics at some point, if possible, instead of removing them. That is, unless you're wanting to start fresh with a clean board.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 11:13:17 AM »
Personally, I would love to have the beta forum survive in some form even after the official RMU forum is created, just because there were a lot of good ideas and discussions in there, but I understand if there is a desire to wipe them.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline cdcooley

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 03:47:17 PM »
From my perspective, the new RMU sub-forum should only have new content with finalized rules. Copying over things from the beta would just confuse matters. But I would love to have the beta forum remain as an archive (i.e. locked) for reference only. Is there even a way to lock an entire forum? If not maybe some volunteers could go through and find the interesting and useful content that should be preserved if the rest is wiped out.

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 01:41:00 AM »
I would prefer if the beta forum remains but it switched to readonly but the new RMU forum starts fresh without discussions about rules that later changed.
/Pa Staav

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 10:42:35 AM »
More and more questions and threads about the current RMU are appearing so I think we should have a new subforum for them (and move all such threads into it). As for the beta forum, it may be better to keep it read-only as I think it'd be counter-productive to leave it open to discuss what is already released.
Having people posting and asking questions in the beta forum about released rules only makes it harder to find anything relevant, now and the more time pasts, when searching a specific topic.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 03:50:58 PM »
[...]As for the beta forum, it may be better to keep it read-only as I think it'd be counter-productive to leave it open to discuss what is already released.
[...]

If you need to, but please move that forum downwards in the list so I don't have to scoll past it every time before finding the actual RM forum.

Offline kwickham

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Aioskoru
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2023, 12:25:51 PM »
I just noticed the question has been asked before and replied to in the beta forum.

https://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=20796.0

Ultimately it should get a new forum so discussion of the final rules doesn't get mixed with the beta rules. But until that happens, the beta2 forums are fine.

For me, I will use this Rolemaster main forum until then when posting about the RMU published material, rather than the beta forums, or risk having my post be removed or who knows what will happen.