Author Topic: Rolemaster Fiction  (Read 339 times)

Offline damage

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Fiction
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2022, 08:01:14 PM »
Big red flags right there.

- David.

Offline MisterK

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2022, 12:46:22 AM »
This is one of the topics that is part of the explicit social contract prior to the start of the game, because, you know, fun for everyone - what is fun for someone (PvP) is not necessarily fun for others. Same as traitor PC, explicit sexual content, graphic descriptions of abuse, violence on children... the list is potentially as long as the list of potential triggers.

Which means that, if one of the players wants to include PKP, this is not asked between the player and the GM, but at the table with everyone having a say in it, and if *anyone* taps the X card, then it's a big no-go. Conversely, if no one disagrees, then it means everyone is aware that this is an option and plans accordingly.

Offline Vladimir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2022, 10:07:42 AM »
  We just finished a session and I had a long talk with the player bringing in a vampire. I gave him my views of PKP and how I would protect all party members within reason and any player that proves to be a liability isn't particularly welcome. We came to an agreement: He would use his current character to learn the RM mechanics and then ask the GM to convert a character from another game to the campaign. We actually agreed on the issue of PKP and he was more worried about how the group would accept him. PKP is in effect in the campaign and everybody knows my stance and how my character won't tolerate it.

The above being said, the only person the party has concern about is a player (who models his character after Sub Zero from Mortal Combat) who, tries to convince people to do things when he has no communication skills at all, and insists on being a "ninja" when has has no perception skills... He's a tank wannabe who thinks he's powerful (4th Lvl Fighter) but hasn't figured out OB allocation for defense as we haven't met anything strong yet. The GM is giving us two sessions to learn and will cull the herd after the fourth session. I've already explained the combat mechanics to him and we'll see if he's learned anything. We were attacked by a small band of Lizardmen; the Nightblade and my Rogue killed most of them before "Sub Zero" managed to kill one. He even accused me of hiding during the fight...then saw me recovering arrows from the Lizardman bodies he never even saw. I said nothing. The Nightblade stifled a laugh.
When the Master governs, the people
are hardly aware that he exists.
-Lao Tzu

Offline EltonJ

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2022, 03:07:49 PM »
  The above being said, the only person the party has concern about is a player (who models his character after Sub Zero from Mortal Combat) who, tries to convince people to do things when he has no communication skills at all, and insists on being a "ninja" when has has no perception skills... He's a tank wannabe who thinks he's powerful (4th Lvl Fighter) but hasn't figured out OB allocation for defense as we haven't met anything strong yet. The GM is giving us two sessions to learn and will cull the herd after the fourth session. I've already explained the combat mechanics to him and we'll see if he's learned anything. We were attacked by a small band of Lizardmen; the Nightblade and my Rogue killed most of them before "Sub Zero" managed to kill one. He even accused me of hiding during the fight...then saw me recovering arrows from the Lizardman bodies he never even saw. I said nothing. The Nightblade stifled a laugh.

I see.  You were using your character as a watch, killing lizardmen with arrows.  As for the PKP guy as a vampire, I suggest letting him run for a while, to see how he likes the game.  You're playing Classic, correct?

Offline Vladimir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2022, 09:01:07 PM »
The GM prefers RM 2nd Edition. I did have to point out the typos in the FRP manual and that so many of the Companions were written for the 1st Edition.

The vampire player is refreshingly reasonable (as we've had so many D&D/Pathfinder players unable to transition to RM) and he has a better grip of the rules and mechanics in one session than some of the players who've been with the party for months.
When the Master governs, the people
are hardly aware that he exists.
-Lao Tzu