Author Topic: Elementalist World  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Bryanicus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Elementalist World
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2021, 08:01:53 AM »
you could have the good old fashioned "Everything changed when the fire nation attacked"

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2021, 08:15:28 AM »
That would be too derivative.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2021, 10:05:13 PM »
I just downloaded GURPS Bio-tech (2nd Edition).  I was thinking on how to use it. 

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »
What about adding a Savage World element?

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2021, 11:34:57 PM »
You know you gotta have an NPC Martial Arts master somewhere that says "Be like water..."
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2021, 03:35:30 PM »
You know you gotta have an NPC Martial Arts master somewhere that says "Be like water..."

Yep.  Can't do without those.

Offline Mansquatch62

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2021, 04:52:27 AM »
My buddy is running an elemental campaign with a French/Italian renaissance-ish setting he started a few weeks ago.
Overview is a thousand or so years ago, an elemental mage broke the world by summoning the elemental lords for some reason. It changed the nature of magic so that only elemental type magics work. Landmasses rose and fell etc. Now elemental magics are divided and religious philosophies have sprung up around them. Different countries are aligned with specific elements and the elemental lords have largely unreachable shrines in various countries in which they dwell. Various elemental materials have various properties (ala elemental companion and elemental companion addendum), and an uneasy peace exists between the countries on the continent of Estonisch. Elemental Champions, Storm Magi, Elemental Explorers, and other classes either pursue business or political goals, or explore the ancient jungles and wastelands for lore and wonders of the lost age.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2021, 06:28:45 PM »
My buddy is running an elemental campaign with a French/Italian renaissance-ish setting he started a few weeks ago.
Overview is a thousand or so years ago, an elemental mage broke the world by summoning the elemental lords for some reason. It changed the nature of magic so that only elemental type magics work. Landmasses rose and fell etc. Now elemental magics are divided and religious philosophies have sprung up around them. Different countries are aligned with specific elements and the elemental lords have largely unreachable shrines in various countries in which they dwell. Various elemental materials have various properties (ala elemental companion and elemental companion addendum), and an uneasy peace exists between the countries on the continent of Estonisch. Elemental Champions, Storm Magi, Elemental Explorers, and other classes either pursue business or political goals, or explore the ancient jungles and wastelands for lore and wonders of the lost age.

Sounds neat!