Author Topic: Questions for a Science Fantasy mishsmash  (Read 962 times)

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Questions for a Science Fantasy mishsmash
« on: December 29, 2019, 12:21:43 AM »
Just got word my GM is going to be doing a short duration series with fantasy characters in a star trek/star wars inspired environment, and was wondering about appropriate PEPs (psionic energy points) for the fantasy races. Humans are listed as having 10 in HARP Sci-Fi, but that might be misleading.
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Questions for a Science Fantasy mishsmash
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 10:46:31 AM »
If you look at any of the species from HARP SF, you'll notice that PP + Will + Stamina + Magic + PEP always equals 70. So fill in the number that makes X equal the number that brings the total to 70.

If you remove PEP from the SF species, you will likewise notice that PP + Will + Stamina + Magic = 60, or just any of the Fantasy races from core and Folkways.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 11:50:44 AM »
Actually, the resistance bonuses (stamina, will, and magic) for every race I could find (fantasy and sci-fi) added up to 30, so that shouldn't even be considered relevant. In the HARP fantasy setting, the endurance bonus and PP bonus always add up to 60, but that same statement doesn't hold true for sci-fi (ceran 65, gorsiva 55, krakur 50, silth 65). This seeming irregularity was what confused me. But you're right, adding the PEP bonus always brings it to 70.

Thanks, Z, for pointing out what I missed.
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 12:38:17 PM »
You're welcome. I was probably just mis-extrapolating from the always equals 70.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 09:12:37 AM »
Radimon, I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your topic for my own Science Fantasy mishmash question.

So for the Gorsiva species' Flight talent, encumbrance levels while flying are adjusted up and down for every .25 Gees above/below the .8 of the Gorsiva home planet. Obviously stopping at not encumbered for flying in really low gravity, but able to go into overloaded for heavy gravity. So, does this gravitational adjustment apply to all natural fliers based on their planet's native gravity?
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 08:32:03 AM »
I also compared the Metric and USCU random measurements for Humans, found their minimum and maximum heights and masses/weights, and realized they were unrelated to each other. The reason I did this was to extrapolate random measurements for other Races/Species to the measurement system they weren't randomized in. One explanation for the Humans could be that SF being SF, Humans are just generally taller in SF and to be pseudo-medieval Humans are shorter in fantasy.

I'm also certain that in a SF/Fantasy mishmash, Amarvish would have gotten over their aversion to reading and writing.
#LotorAllura2024