Author Topic: Harpeer Bazar combat charts  (Read 1099 times)

Offline luzbel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Harpeer Bazar combat charts
« on: December 28, 2019, 02:29:54 PM »
If the hb 11 combat charts are just Rolemaster Express adapted and in RME the armor doesnt give any DB, the shiel gives you half the bonus and the armor limits your quickness bonus.....; how is enough to reduce the armor DB to about 50% standard bonus? Any insight from people using this system pls....
I know that standard charts and ML charts are not for me. Next step not sure which one.
Thx for any answers.

Offline luzbel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Harpeer Bazar combat charts
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 07:22:10 AM »
I guess nobody uses this tables....

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 08:20:15 AM »
It's not necessarily that nobody uses a table from another game (although that's a pretty safe bet), but it's been the holidays for the past month or so. Everybody's shopping, wrapping, drinking eggnog, having parties with friends (where they might drink even more eggnog!), driving/flying home to see their parents/grandparents, etc. Wait a couple days for everybody to get over their hangovers from New Year's, and you might get a response to your question.
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.

Offline luzbel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 10:35:14 AM »
Im not complaining. I just have the feeling there are something wrong in those tables and few people use that system. Harpeer bazaar was a Harp magazine.

Thx for your answer anyway

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »
Hi, years ago our group was trying to get the feel of the Rolemaster combat system into our HARP game. We thought we might the combat system from HB11 first, but we also thought it had some flaws. That's why we are now using these combat rules from the Guild Companion. This fits our game nicely. Perhaps you find it useful.

Offline luzbel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 03:38:46 PM »
I hope so. Reading....

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 10:24:15 PM »
I hope so. Reading....
You could also check out the alternate combat system I designed. Once you agree to the terms you get access to the mini forums where you can post your feedback. I have an update to the system but I haven't been playing at all in the last year. I have a better idea for a crit system than just using the RM charts but that is/was still in beta.
Here is a link the NDA for the system: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=17328.0
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!