Author Topic: OSX Install  (Read 1887 times)

Offline jnelson871

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
OSX Install
« on: June 06, 2017, 06:04:19 PM »
SO I purchased AutoHARP Fantasy and both databases. I have been trying to install just AutoHARP fantasy but keep getting this error when I try to open the program: "preferences.xml database not found" The install says it is successful and I let it install to the default location in Applications but it won't open. Any ideas?

Offline enoch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • just me
Re: OSX Install
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
I get the same message. I'm running macOS 10.12.5 and I just downloaded and installed AutoHARP_Full_Installation_Harp_Fantasy_2.2.jar from RPGNow.  There's a preferences.xml file in the AutoHARP application folder but I'm thinking that the application is looking for the file elsewhere.

Offline jnelson871

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 03:06:19 PM »
Yep exact same thing on mine. I can see the file !

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »
I'm sorry this is happening. I'm new to osx and I am learning about installation processes. Make sure the actual exe or app files are in a separate directory inside the main autograph directory. The install files could also not be set to be executed. I have a new update I will submit st tree end of the week that should address this. Again sorry for this. I thought I tested for this and apparently I missed something.