Author Topic: Possible Problem in AutoHARP SF w/Fusion:Soldier  (Read 2499 times)

Offline lordschmodder

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Possible Problem in AutoHARP SF w/Fusion:Soldier
« on: July 13, 2015, 01:46:13 PM »
Hey!

First, thanks for writing that program, I love those things.
That said, I encountered a problem while trying to (as an absolute HARP n00b) to build a Fusion: Soldier PC (Human Frontier).

According to AutoHARP SF, I have to pay 4 DP for every skill category, and after the initial sheet creation, I only have 84 DP left, which should be 100, if I'm not mistaken somewhere?

So, is this my n00bness in HARP that I didn't see where my DP go missing, or is it maybe something in AutoHARP?

I got the newest version and also installed the HARP Extreme database.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: Possible Problem in AutoHARP SF w/Fusion:Soldier
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »
Sorry for the delay.

I'll give what I can now, and i will return with the details. If I'm not mistaken, i believe taking a Fusion character might cost DP. I'll check into that. I don't know about the 4DP per skill category. Again, I'll look into. I'll create a character sheet and see if I can recreate this.

Cheers 

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »
Okay.... got the answer. This is working as it is designed right now. Currently, the application defines the 1st level development points according to the default rules of the book which is to calculate the DP per stat value and then add them together. You can change this in the preferences.xml file which is located in the main folder. Open this file and scroll to the bottom. There you will see the area where the development points are calculated. You will see a line that is commented out

<!-- <CustomRules>50</CustomRules<//-->

you will also see above this
<UseDefaultRules>true</UseDefaultRules> or something very similar. I can't remember the exact node names off the top of my head. You need to change the node contents which are now set to "true" and change it to "false". Then you need to remove the characters that are commenting out the CustomRules node so it looks like this

<CustomRules>50</CustomRules>

This will turn off the default rules from the book and give you a static 50 for every level (100 for the first level).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 12:00:30 PM »
I can't get DP totals to show up - the traits page shows the 100DP but when you go to buy 1st level profession skills, there is no running tally that I can see.

Offline lordschmodder

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 04:21:03 AM »
Thank you, I will have to try that later when I'm back home.