Author Topic: Campaigns in Tintamar  (Read 1443 times)

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
Campaigns in Tintamar
« on: June 14, 2013, 04:41:12 AM »
Herrow!

I was wondering if anyone would care to share experiences they've had running this game, but particularly experiences with running campaigns in this setting.

I'd like to know how you've solved issues that arise out of missing data about the setting. I mean, sure this would mean making stuff up, but how have you rationalised it within the confines of what we know of the setting?

Any of your players playing non-humans? If so what species? which seems most popular?

Anyone made starmaps of the human sector? the nexus sector?

Maps of the solar system?

Maps of Tintamar and Ring City? Mars? Venus?

What sort of campaigns are you running? Military? exploration? fringe stuff? what else?

How large groups do you have?

I ask these things because I'm in the process of starting a small group. Perhaps 3 players, I'm inclined to use the Tintamar setting at least to start with - I have been considering the SM:P setting, but I don't have the time to convert species and stuff like that to HarpSF and SM:P would be too much to get these players into on short notice.
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Campaigns in Tintamar
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 05:30:01 AM »
When it comes to star-mapping perhaps this could be a starting point?  8)
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
My box of stuff

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:24:13 AM »
The playtest campaign that I ran involved 6 players, all playing human characters, some civilian, some military, working on a joint operation for AstroNavy Intelligence and FedPol. Campaign was mixed intrigue/military, with incursion of aliens, space pirates, galactic conspiracy, illegal arms dealers, neo-yakuza and new revolutionary biotech, hunting recreated "Barsoom" monsters on Mars, trouble at the Bank of Luna, discovery of extremophile alien races, space and planetbound battles against the Silth and Interdicted humans, saving Ring City from destruction, helping a Madji colony, and saving the Federation from a potential war against one of the older races of the galaxy. Among other things.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 06:13:41 AM »
Of course! The intelligence and conspiracy angle! Thanks! :)

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
My box of stuff

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 07:17:36 AM »
Right, so my current thoughts - which I'm not sure how to deal with.
A group of all human civilians - this is a small adventure with pre-made characters I'm going to make - so far a tech, entertainer (either a former boy/girl band member, or perhaps an artist, visual artist, painter perhaps?) and I'm thinking of a researcher or a scout in addition (no more than 4 players, most likely 3).

They will, due to some as of yet undetermined events near Tintamar and elsewhere in the solar system, end up in the Nexus sector. They will be working for a crime lord (perhaps an intelligence operative?).
  • Are there any human settlements or communities in the Nexus sector?

I've been looking the first sf rpg I ever bought (never played though), Shatterzone, and I'm thinking of porting some ideas for stuff from there to the Tintamar setting. Anyone here familiar with that setting?

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
My box of stuff