Author Topic: AutoHarp - Application Features  (Read 5882 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
AutoHarp - Application Features
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:38:01 AM »
As the director's briefing announcement mentioned for May, AutoHarp is fully licensed under GCP and Aurigas. For those who are interested in a features list here are the features for both the Character Creator and Combat Tracker. If there are features that you would like to see that are not listed, go ahead and let me know. I can't promise to add all ideas that people have but it helps me prioritize the work I do based on user feedback for what they would like to be able to do with AutoHarp.

For Screen shots check out the blog for AutoHarp linked below in my signature. =)

Cheers!

-David
-----

AutoHarp Features for Character Manager

Here is a rundown of the features found in AutoHarp: Character Creator

• Full Wizard for creating new characters. Hybrid race creation included as well as full support for human based characters and clerical based characters. Full support for Adolescence and profession rank selection, cleric base spell lists and talent selection for certain professions.
  • Tabbed main screen for easy access to any of your character's information including the following:
    • Traits: add a portrait or avatar for your character, adjust character attributes such as height, hair, background, experience points and other notes.
    • Defenses: Equip character with full armor with quality and material information and shield included or develop your character's armor by the piece again with quality and material information. Create offensive information for your character's attacks which includes many attack attributes such as range increments, Point Blank range, special information and notes. Any information added here gets printed on the character sheet
    • Skills: See all skills for character. Add, edit and delete any skill you wish as well as full categories such as spell spheres the character will use. Fully customizable. You can adjust specific costs for skills and subskills, what specific Statistics are used for each skill, adjust talent bonuses and special bonuses. Highlight specific skills as frequently used, primary subskill or move spells to your primary sphere. You can even reset a category's skills from the database repository. Skills are based on the character sheet, not the database so each character's skills are unique to the character sheet.
    • Statistics: Get full statistical information and adjust Stat Values, racial bonuses and special bonuses as needed. Get full BMR information as well as Armor Penalty, Initiative bonus and Combat Perception.
    • Equipment (Items): Add, edit and delete equipment for your character sheet. Add or remove coins as needed. Equipment can be added without coin and item attributes are fully customizable such as Item Name, Cost, Amount, Weight, Location and Description. Get total weight and encumbrance information here.
    • Magic: See all spells character can use. Get full spell list information such as Power Points necessary for spell, ranks character has for spell, the range, duration, type and RR for spell, Description and Scaling Options for each spell plus attributes for the scaling options. Adjust casting penalty, PP Adder, Spell Adder and focus items. (Mana sources and Focus Styles will contain information when College of Magics is released)
    • Talents: Add, edit and delete talents for character. See all talents character has. Adjust talent information such as cost and description.
  • Full Wizard for adding levels to your characters. Multiple profession support included as well as full talent support with Additional Profession support. Skills page has same support as described above in the skills tab. Information can be adjusted on the fly during leveling so you don't have to stop, close the level editor and restart. Max ranks information given as well as development points remaining.
  • Prints full character sheet with avatar, frequently used skills, RR information, Initiative information, BMR information, and offensive attacks: both melee and missile. All skills are listed (only subskills with ranks are listed). All equipment with descriptions are listed as well as a place to write in specific items for specific locations on the person. All spells with scaling options and descriptions are included on printout.
  • Fully customized database written in XML allows the user to easily adjust information as specific worlds or house rules.
  • Random Encounter generator will generate an encounter based on location, condition, population and disposition.
  • Random Monster Generator will generate a random monster based on level and location. User can pick any monster they wish or let the computer randomly select one. Can export the monster to XML and open in Combat Tracker.
  • Saves all characters in XML format.
  • Can have multiple characters open at a time and can create a Campaign File including all open characters for easy access later.
  • Ability to add multiple databases such as Harp Fantasy or for example a database for Middle Earth or a Game of Thrones setting.
  • Preferences file allows user to change certain rules in the game such as what the Character Creator will do to calculate stats for the character, or what the skill cost will be or how the stats are added to calculate the development points.
  • Development point calculation is based on the muparserx library which opens up a lot of possibilities when calculating development points. Full equation-like support is possible. For example, ((LEVEL) * 2) + 25.

---

AutoHarp Features: Combat Tracker

Here is a rundown of the features for the Combat Tracker:

• Create, edit, open and save encounters which represent a melee in the campaign.
  • Create, edit, import or duplicate characters which make up an encounter. You can import any character sheet created with the AutoHarp: Character Manager or you can create a character from scratch.
  • You can customize the character's level, hit points, power points, Stamina, BMR, Armor, talent and shield DB, size, focus item, casting penalty as well as create a character that doesn't take stun, penalties or bleeding criticals.
    • Add all attacks for the character including information for magic items and attacks that are linked to other attacks such as a two weapon combination or racial attacks based on criticals.
    • Add all spells for the character
    • Add any specific user fields that are unique to the character such as Chi Defense or magical items the character might have.
    • add an avatar for the character.
  • Keep track of all spells casted by opening the Active Spell View pane. You can see who casted the spell, how many rounds the spell will last, its range and RR information and scaling options used. You can double click this spell to get more detailed information.
  • The combat tracker will keep track of all actions a character will perform during the round as well as specific initiative modifiers. It will keep track of character hit points, power points, critical status, bleeding, penalties and Movement information for the round.
    • Attacking: You can select any player, any attack, modify the critical table used if necessary and attack size. You can adjust the amount used in the attack to reserve OB for parrying, add range information for missile attacks and adjust by modifiers. Targets can select any weapon and add any parry information necessary. User can have the computer roll randomly or he can manually enter roll information. Attacks are automatically looked up based on the database used with hits and critical information given. The critical can be changed as well as all critical information. Fumble support included.
    • Spell casting: Full Spell casting support. Will look up results in casting the character's spell based on number of rounds prepped, the roll and modifier. Fumble support included. All critical data for fumble can be customized. When finished and character has added duration information, if the spell was successful it will appear in the Active Spells pane.
    • movement Maneuver: Full support for character movement based on pace and difficulty. User can adjust the feet per hex to get customized distance results. Fumble support included as well as critical customization for fumble results. If successful, movement maneuver information will appear on the tracker on the main window.
  • Highlighting: The combat tracker will highlight characters based on certain criteria. For example if the character is unconsciousness or dying or dead. Combat Tracker highlights the character who is acting. User can select any character on the main window and perform any action necessary: attack, spell casting, maneuver or even adjust critical information such as hit points, power points, etc.
  • Initiative is automatically calculated and all characters are sorted with highest initiative at the top.
  • All critical information can be updated at any time. Initiative, Hits, power points, bleeding and penalties can be updated by clicking the column,row and adjusting on the fly.
  • Combat Tracker will save state during combat in case you wish to close the program or program closes unexpectedly. To return to the exact spot where you left off, restart Combat Tracker and open the XML state file. The Combat tracker will automatically open the state file if combat was not finished when application is closed.

Offline Ac3R71J0

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: AutoHarp - Application Features
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 01:37:48 PM »
Little question. Is there any way to get this Autoharp soft you mention above?
Thanks in advance.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:17:16 AM »
I'm currently waiting for approval from Nicholas to make the application live. Sorry for the delay.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
Nicholas has been running around sorting out issues relating to recalcitrant Spacemaster archives, proofing HARP Fantasy layout segments, and trying to do the rest of the Martial Law character stat blocks. AutoHARP is on the todo list.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Widukind

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »
Is the new combat tracker the stats ​​of the races of Middle Earth include?

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »
Hopefully I got your question correct. I do not include any Middle Earth information as of yet because I have no idea if it would be a copyright issue with Tolkien or not. I'm a bit weary on releasing my Middle Earth database just for that reason alone. All of my wits about me tell me to wait for some professional advice on that end. Right now the combat tracker only includes information from Harp Fantasy and right now only has the Harp Fantasy combat rules. When other combat rules become available I will include those as well.

Hope that answers the question. :)

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »
any news on this?  are you waiting for the new version release or can we get our greedy hands on this soon??

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »
I'm still waiting on a new version release. Sorry for the delay. Currently I am finishing up work on the Harp Sci-fi. I'm hoping to have a draft finished in two weeks.

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
What is the status of this?  New Harp rules are out and wondering if this will be updated.  Love to try this thing out.

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15:18 AM »
I'm trying to get back to finalising my review of AutoHARP so that it can be formally released.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 10:49:53 AM »
Ho, great! It could help me validate the pre-gen PC I made.
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 08:29:04 AM »
I've just sent off a version of AutoHarp for review that will make both Harp Fantasy and Harp Sci-Fi. The combat tracker isn't ready as I've only completed the character creator for Harp Sci-Fi, not the combat tracker at this time.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
Just finished putting some finishing touches and some bug fixes to Combat Tracker which now does Sci-Fi combat with Psi attacks as well. I'll test it some and hopefully have a finished draft by the end of the week. Here's a screenshot of the main window.

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 08:25:02 PM »
I am still super interested in this.... any word on when? 

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11:46 AM »
I am still super interested in this.... any word on when?

I'm being rushed off my feet in both the real and surreal worlds. As soon as I can do a quick check to see that nothing obviously silly has got past Monk, then we'll have this up and available.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline enoch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • just me
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »
I know that RM play testing is in full swing, but is there any word on when we can download (I'd gladly pay) AutoHARP? Thanks.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 06:05:11 PM »
I know that RM play testing is in full swing, but is there any word on when we can download (I'd gladly pay) AutoHARP? Thanks.

* BUMP * This would be very useful for generation of NPCs for my work.
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »
I haven't gotten any confirmation on release myself. I would say to those interested keep bumping this thread in hopes to bump the priority.  8)

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »
There are news about it in the Director's Briefing (November)!
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 03:15:53 PM »
I haven't gotten any confirmation on release myself. I would say to those interested keep bumping this thread in hopes to bump the priority.  8)

You will find that I've turned up in your inbox.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell