Author Topic: Mantlet (Armsmaster spell)  (Read 5222 times)

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
Re: Mantlet (Armsmaster spell)
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 01:33:27 PM »
Thanks

Offline Vorng79

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Numenorean
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 06:40:27 AM »
please forgive me if is mandatory to open new thread instead of revive an old one, but i have evaluated that can be most useful to have all the info/question about a topic grouped togheter.

Mantlet can be  phisically damaged as is stated in previous mail. Do you think that, if the mantlet is damaged, the spellcaster (in this case the Armsmaster), is aware of the conditions of the mantlet?
In my session of yesterday i have had a case like this. The knowledge of the residual resistance (Hits) of the Mantlet was crucial for the PC to decide how to do react.
Also if i read correctly previous mails the general consensus is that mantlet need to have a proper space (10 feet radius) to be casted. Yesterday I allow to be casted in a 2 meter wide (6.6 feet) tunnel sewer, I don't have fitted the mantlet to the dimensions of the tunnel, simply we (I and my party) agree that the mantlet extend into the lateral wall.
As someone already posted In the mentalist companion there is a clear indication about "rest on a solid surface", but i still have some doubts about the external surface  of the dome. If i rember well other wall spell have some capacity to adapt shape. (ok, Mantlet is not a wall spell but was the better similarity i can found).
La spada da doi mane sola stimo, ed essa adopro a mia bisogna.

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 09:15:24 AM »
At least in our group a character is always aware of his personal concussion hits taken, bleeding, penalties etc. In the same way I'd say a caster should also be aware of the concussion hits a Mantlet cast by him has taken.

YMMV