Author Topic: Aluminum Questions  (Read 6074 times)

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Aluminum Questions
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
The source for Egypt having small amounts of Aluminum would be the RM Campaign Classics book "Mythic Egypt".  However, the page number escapes me.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 07:32:08 PM »

3) What other effects do you think having a good source of AL would have in a fantasy game?

Honestly, in worlds with laen, eog, mithral, and dwarf/elf steel I really can't see the point in developing AL refining processes.

Also, doesn't AL corrode readily? In dungeon setting it would turn to into an oxide and considering the malleability of the element there's really not much use for it.

Now as a counterpoint I've found all the info this august body has shared regarding AL very interesting.

Happy New Year!!

>>ReaperWolf

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »
I have thought of making kregora (sp?) Al. That way, it is incredibly expensive and can't readily be made into armor/weapons.

Alternatively, Al is sometimes used in electrical wiring. The metal could be used as a magical conduit for essence circuitry.. (meshing the magic as tech threads.)
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 01:30:07 PM »
I have thought of making kregora (sp?) Al. That way, it is incredibly expensive and can't readily be made into armor/weapons.

Alternatively, Al is sometimes used in electrical wiring. The metal could be used as a magical conduit for essence circuitry.. (meshing the magic as tech threads.)

Interesting idea.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.