Author Topic: C&T I through whatever and RMFRP  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
C&T I through whatever and RMFRP
« on: April 15, 2011, 09:44:44 AM »
Do the Rolemaster Classic Creatures and Treasures overlap with he RMSS/RMFRP Treasure Companion and Creatures & Monsters books?  Do they have any content the later volumes don't include?

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: C&T I through whatever and RMFRP
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
Treasure Companion has a ton of information in it the other books do not have.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
Thanks.  Do they, in turn, have info that Treasure Companion does not?

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
Treasure Companion does not have any monsters.  Creatures and Treasures has monsters and treasures/treasure generating tables.  Creatures and Monsters does not have any treasures.  Neither of the treasure books have alchemy rules, economic guidelines, superior/magical material bonuses, etc.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »
Sorry, I'm not being clear enough: do the 2 x RMFRP titles (Treasure Companion and Creatures & Monsters) have all of the content between them, or do some (or all) of the Creatures & Treasures have additional content on top of that?

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 03:55:41 PM »
Creatures & Monsters is essentially the monsters from C&T and C&T II.

Treasure Companion has alchemist spell lists, item creation rules, and probably the sensible items from C&T I (and probably 2) - I've not checked in detail.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »
Thanks Nicholas.  Do you know if there were ever Creatures & Treasures III or higher?  I seem to remember seeing them in game stores years and years ago, but I may be remembering the many companions.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »
C&T II includes the "Natharl'nacna" entities from deep space, which are not in C&M. I have not noticed in other monsters that did not make the transition. The individual magic items in the C&T volumes were less likely to be brought over, although I think the TC includes some duplication. C&T III exists and is available as a PDF made from a scan. Quality is somewhat poor, but readable. I don't think any of it was converted to RMSS/FRP.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »
Time to pick up C&T III then...and maybe the first two just for the items.  Gotta get some revenue into this industry somehow... :p

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »
Treasure companion is some of the treasure elements from the CT books, plus a chunk of the alchemy companion.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com