Author Topic: Merp to RM conversion  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Mercenary30

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Merp to RM conversion
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:57:40 AM »
I have an adventure that was written for MERP that I am converting to straight RM.  The only issue I am finding is in replacing three Wargs.  There is no direct correlation in Role Master.  I will tentatively go with three Night Hounds instead, but that does not make as much sense as the Wargs did.  Normal wolves will not substitute as well either.  Any ideas on where I can find a similar beast?
'I think he just earned his money,' I whispered to the gaping Jad, 'and be so kind as to close your mouth.'  -  Kalen Avanir

Offline Mourglin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Slapping the power out of power-gamers since RM1!
    • Madison-art
Re: Merp to RM conversion
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:13:44 AM »
If you have a copy of Creatures of Middle Earth, Wargs are listed there and can be used as is from that book.

LVL 8   
Enc 4-20
Size L/I
Speed:  VF/VF
Hits 180
AT SL/4
DB 60
Attacks  75LBi / 60LCl/---

Hostile affected by stun and hits per round.

Offline Mercenary30

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:42:33 AM »
I no longer have my Merps stuff, I traded it in a number of years ago for additional RM stuff.  I appreciate the stats.

Weren't there also statistics for Dire Wolves as well?  Can I get those too?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:54:46 AM by Mercenary30 »
'I think he just earned his money,' I whispered to the gaping Jad, 'and be so kind as to close your mouth.'  -  Kalen Avanir

Offline Mourglin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Slapping the power out of power-gamers since RM1!
    • Madison-art
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »
PM me your email address.

Offline Soul

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • We're all Monkeys
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
What's the difference between Wargs and Dire Wolves?  I'm curious because they seem to be about the same, other than maybe size.  I'm playing D & D 4e, as well.  I'd be curious to put Wargs in the game, mainly for flavor. 
Burn It Down.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
A Dire Wolf is a REALLY big wolf.

A Warg is part demonic, or spirit possessed. 
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Mercenary30

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »
A Dire wolf is larger than a grey/timber wolf and has both bite and claw as an attack, like a Warg.

A normal wolf just has a bite attack. 

A Warg, is sort of like an undead wolf, but does not have any of the normal properties of undead.  It can still be stunned and it can bleed ect.  When it dies, the body goes away in a greasy black puff of smoke and soot on the wind.......