Author Topic: Umm Treasure Companion is brilliant....  (Read 974 times)

Offline merctime

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Umm Treasure Companion is brilliant....
« on: July 06, 2010, 03:41:32 PM »
Hey everyone,

New guy here...as I stated in my intro I'm a bit of an old-ish lurker tho.  Nice to meet you all.

Been reading through Treasure companion....WOW.  I LOVE the section, off of the top of my head, that wrote about what to keep in mind regarding campaign economy.  Just brilliant work, and really helpful in creating a realistic "feeling" game world I think...Kind of just what I was looking for, as I am in the process, just for fun, of writing up a home-brew world.  As I read through Rolemaster, seems it's one of the perfect RPG's to use for such a world, as the world idea I have has in the neighborhood of 25 or so cultures?  GM law has sections on writing up new cultures which will definitely go the extra mile in giving my world a solid feel, and I figure I'll make a go at creating a pretty realistic economy based off of TC also...I am just floored at how well done that entire book is.

Great to be learning RM at this time...hope you all are having a great time.

Merctime

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Umm Treasure Companion is brilliant....
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:21:30 PM »
 Yes many of the books have great info that you can use whole or just pieces to flush out your world.

I would also recommend the Channeling Companion as well as a copy of Martial Arts Companion [can be $$$$ as no longer in print] or a copy of the Combat Companion that you can use to create Martial Art and Weapon Art Combat Styles. Those Combat Arts are huge for pure arms and even semi's and pure spell casters to a lessor degree.

MDC 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.