Author Topic: Celestial/ Infernal Blood Talents  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Modric

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Celestial/ Infernal Blood Talents
« on: December 06, 2013, 08:37:34 AM »
Has anyone come up with Celestial/ Infernal blood talents? This is modeled on the Aasimar/ Tiefling characters. Thanks.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Celestial/ Infernal Blood Talents
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 12:16:55 PM »
I thought blood talents were simply defined using existing spells to describe the talent. If you wanted to create celestial or infernal blood talents then "simply" create new spells to reflect the blood talent you want to create.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:43:27 AM »
Which iteration of Tieflings? Anyway, after the various changes both within Planescape and over editions, I'd consider a Tiefling to be Base Race, Some other race blood (lesser), infernal (lesser). Aasimar didn't change much as far as I know, which is pretty much only PS and 3.x Edition. Given the original tiefling description, I'd do something like Human/Elf Blood, Lesser/Infernal Blood, Lesser.  Aasimar same thing: Base, something lesser, celestial lesser.

Blood Talents are made of existing talents from the master talent list or even the monster talent list.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 11:39:35 AM »
Not all Blood Talents are included in the master Talent list as some blood talents give stat bonuses, but most of the rest of them are duplicated in either the Master Talent list or Monster Talent List.

As for creating the Tiefling or Aasimir races - I can't think of any HARP versions off the top of my head... though they may be out there and I'm just forgetting. 
Tiefling - For a lesser I would include a version of Fear, Resistance, Frenzy, maybe Regeneration or a Natural Weapon ability.
Aasimar - Resistance, Enhanced Vision (probably Darkvision) and Light as a Blood Magic are the ones I would choose.

These are off the top of my head, and your renditions may differ.  However they end up, the mechanics are available to create them, so have fun with it.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
I don't exactly remember the original (non-random) description for tieflings, but I do remember Dark Vision, and Darkness 15' Radius daily.
#LotorAllura2024